US Large-Cap Mutual Fund Analyst, CSG
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Mutual Fund Research is responsible for providing our clients and financial advisors with advice and guidance on mutual fund investments. We are currently seeking an Analyst focused on Balanced and US Large-cap Mutual Funds. This person will be responsible for conducting fundamental investment analysis of balanced funds and U.S. Large-cap strategies. This includes the selection, evaluation, and on-going monitoring of external mutual funds, sub advised accounts, and other managed investments, resulting in the recommendation of quality investment solutions consistent with the firm's investment philosophy.
* Responsible for conducting fundamental investment analysis—selection, evaluation, and on-going monitoring—of external mutual funds, sub advised accounts, and other managed investments including exchange traded funds, resulting in the recommendation of quality investment solutions consistent with the firm's investment philosophy.
* Work in partnership with Mutual Fund Research and Portfolio Construction Team associates to ensure best investment decisions are made and to assist in the development of other team members.
* Deliver effective written and verbal communication of investment recommendations and other information to financial advisors and internal departments as needed.
* Support internal departments and committees in making better informed decisions consistent with the firm's long-term strategy.
* Finance, Accounting or Economics Bachelor's degree or MBA preferred.
* Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or actively pursuing CFA designation consistent with department policy.
* Series 7/66 required within six months of hire, consistent with department policy.
* Proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, and other software programs (Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, etc.)
Years of Experience
* 3+ years experience as an analyst or extensive industry experience.
* Solid knowledge of investment management industry including mutual funds, subadvised accounts and exchange traded funds.
* Ability to conduct investment due diligence by interviewing investment professionals and executive management.
* Strong understanding of Edward Jones investment philosophy and business model.
* Strong analytical skills and service focus.
* Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills for preparing and presenting research to financial advisors, clients, internal stakeholders, and investment management companies.
* Ability to represent Edward Jones by meeting with investment professionals and senior management of investment management firms.