Investment Compliance Officer
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Posting Number: 1112
Salary Group: B29 – B31
Opening Date: 09/07/2017
Class Number: 1623 – 1625
Closing Date: Open until closed
Position Number: 1057
Number of Openings: 1
- Develops and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with ERS’ Investment Policy including, but not limited to:
- Portfolio compliance with allocation targets, limits and risk tolerance levels for all asset classes
- Investments in allowable securities and/or strategies
- Personal transactions related to personal trades, gifts and conflicts of interest
- Proxy voting
- Securities lending
- Develops and presents written and oral performance reports to the Board of Trustees, Audit Committee and management related to the investment compliance program
- Designs and manages investment compliance reports to monitor and identify instances of non-compliance including standard tracking reports to summarize results
- Develops manual processes to test for compliance with investment rules when compliance check cannot be automated
- Monitors corrective action taken by management and staff to resolve compliance violations
- Advises management concerning compliance matters
- Participates in internal investment committees in an ex-officio capacity to ensure compliance with policy, including investment limitations and required approvals
- Administers ERS’ automated personal trade pre-clearance and compliance software including:
- Pre-clearing employee trades
- Processing and reviewing system generated compliance reports
- Developing and/or modifying system compliance reports
- Collaborates with Office of General Counsel to ensure the Ethics Policy is adhered to in connection with Investment staff interactions with brokers, consultants and other vendors.
- Develops and provides training to staff on provisions of Ethics and Personal Trading policy, other ERS investment policies, and legal and regulatory requirements related to ERS’ investments.
- Works closely with Investments Operations to identify compliance needs, and to develop and implement solutions.
- Reviews annual regulatory reporting by SEC registered external advisors for unusual or problematic disclosures. Monitor web for newsworthy reports on external advisors.
Essential Work Behaviors:
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field.
- Five (5) years full-time experience in auditing, legal or compliance monitoring.
- Two (2) years full-time related experience in an investment environment.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
4. Post graduate degree or professional designations; including Juris Doctorate (JD), Certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
5. Experience in various public and private market investments, including but not limited to fixed income, domestic and global equities, real estate and private equity.
6. Experience in the use of automated trading and compliance monitoring systems.
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
641X – LDO Administration
01 – General Command and Staff
MGT10 – Management
MGT15 – Enterprise Policy, Planning, Budget, and Management
8003 – General Officer
8040- Colonel, Logistician
8041 – Colonel, Ground
10C0 – Operations Commander
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description. http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989