Equities Valuation Methodology Associate
Equities Valuation Methodology Associate/London/£-Market Rate
Leading Investment Bank is seeking a technical candidate to join as a Valuation Methodology Associate for their London desk. This role has been created through internal mobility and is an ideal opportunity for a candidate in finance to gain wider experience in a technical front office facing position.
- Wide ranging valuation Methodology related issues, including; devising, maintaining and innovating valuation techniques for a wide range of exotic products
- Perform Model Limitation and Methodology reviews
- Ownership of valuation methods and policies to ensure fair value principles are appropriately enacted
- Provide and present regular reports and ad-hoc analysis to Senior GVG, Finance, and Desk Management
- Working with teams across US and Asia, and colleagues in the offshore Finance Centre to ensure global consistency
- Masters in a mathematical subject or CFA qualified
- Strong understanding of derivatives (Ideally Equity)
- Investment banking experience ideally within a quantitative role, valuation control or risk management capacity.
- Experience in analysing complex data sets
This role requires daily interaction with the front office and it is therefore essential the candidate has strong relationship building skills. This position offers realistic career progression opportunities to a front office role in the future.