Middle office Market Risk Management
We provide a unique and supportive environment:
A collaborative approach
A trusted, empathetic and inclusive team
Key focus for success:
- Execution of MRMO business processes in line with Nomura's Market Risk procedures (Daily Sign off / Adjustments / Market Risk Add On / NEHS Capital Assurance)
- The successful candidate will also run projects and take ownership for Delivery of management, capitol and regulatory reporting in line with firm wide governance and regulation (BCBS239, FDSF)
- Delivery of continual process improvements to address procedural control gaps (self-identified RCSA / Audit point)
- Monitoring of the service levels / issues / problems encountered with the Risk Infrastructure used to produce the Market Risk Metrics with Production Services team.
- Senior stakeholder management / interaction (Executive Director / Managing Director level)
- Established peer relationships with the Market Risk Management team
- Established point of contact for MRMO EMEA daily viewpoints and escalations
- Delivery of revisions to MRMO procedure / operating models / resources as required by upcoming regulatory and strategic projects
What skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge do I need?
Whilst attitude is most important, there are naturally some essential skills we are looking for:
- Degree (or equivalent) preferably within a quantitative subject, postgraduate degree or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, FRM and CQF) preferable
- Experience of Financial Services Risk Management or Middle Office / Operations function including end to end trade lifecycle / data flows.
- Proficient knowledge of risk management methodologies (e.g. VaR, Risk Capital, Stress Testing)
- Management accountability of operational business processes, preferably within a regulated financial services environment
- Team management and stakeholder interaction at Director level and aboveDesirable
- Experience of regulated capital reporting regimes
- Strong technical data interpretation skills and used of tools such as Excel / VBA / Python / SQL
- Cross region matrix team management and peer working
- Project management skills and exposure to medium to large scale business change initiatives