Risk Manager (FICC/ Equity Market/ Product Control)
- Perform day-to-day assessment of positions, analyze large P/L events (Brexit, US election), VaR movement and identify new risk, ensure the limits are well monitored and properly reported;
- Review and set trading compliance rules for trading books;
- Assist in the test, development and modification of internal tail risk calculator for structures products transactions;
- Validate and test key risk metrics in BRM, MARS and risk system;
- Preparation of monthly risk reports on FICC or Asset Management;
- Consolidate & analyze aggregated stressed loss calculation for FICC and Asset Management; and
- Analyze the liquidity risk of FICC and Asset Management products.
- Identify, monitor and manage market risk exposure, including pre-trade approval and post trade risk report;
- Work closely with Front Office & Senior Risk management to analyze and explain market risk and PnL movements;
- Execute market risk policies and guidelines on different business lines. Contribute to the improvement of the existing market risk management to ensure market risk can be efficiently captured and managed; and
- Maintain and develop market risk analysis and reporting frameworks and produce management reports and analysis reports.
- Ideal Profile: Trade approval experience on trading floor.
- Daily P&L production and P&L driver analysis;
- Work closely with trading desk, trade support, risk management on a daily basis to ensure accurate P&L reporting;
- Investigate and resolve P&L and valuation discrepancies between trading desk and product control, and be able to explain to the trading desk accordingly;
- Coordinate or assist to formulate control policies and procedures; and
- Assist to design P&L reporting template for new products and business;
- Quantitative background in Science/Mathematics/Financial Engineering/Risk Management, CFA/FRM is a plus;
- Minimum 3-8 years of Market Risk experience within investment banking/ brokerage/ security house / asset management / hedge fund
- Strong knowledge and working experience on equity, FICC and derivative products;
- Basic knowledge in asset valuation, e.g. bonds, options, TRS, etc;
- Superior Excel and Access skills including VBA programming;
- Be able to communicate effectively across all levels, especially to trading desks;
- Strong analytical skills and highly numerate. Sound understanding of quantitative concepts relating to Greeks, P&L explain, VaR and stress testing;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines;
- Modeling skills, preferred with good programming skills;
- Strong team player; and
- Good command of written and spoken Chinese and English; Proficiency in Putonghua is a must.
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the right candidate. Interested parties please forward your full resume with availability, expected salary to email@example.com or send it to 27/F., Low Block, Grand Millennium Plaza, 181 Queen's Road, Central, Hong Kong.
(Data collected will be kept strictly confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.)