VP/AVP, Capital Management, Corporate Treasury, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
This role is in the Capital Management team which supports the CFO and Corporate Treasurer in the development and execution of initiatives and strategies to manage DBS's capital as a strategic resource from both consolidated and entity perspectives.
Capital management involves balancing capital demand from credit, market and operational risks with capital supply comprising shareholders' funds and subordinated financial instruments raised from investors.
This role involves the preparation of detailed capital plans, analysing and communicating the impact of regulatory capital rules on business strategy and potential corporate transactions and proposal for capital targets and dividend as well as the preparation of materials to support regulatory engagement, Board decision-making, senior management committees and business-specific working groups.
- Assisting with the annual Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process and ongoing capital planning to ensure the bank maintains a robust capital position. Includes modelling the bank's multi-year capital position under various scenarios and assessing the quantum and timing of capital issuance requirements
- Developing and executing strategies and initiatives to ensure efficient utilisation of capital. Includes preparation of Capital Committee and Board materials
- Interpreting ongoing regulatory capital rule changes and assessing the impact of such changes
- Working with businesses to ensure ensuring capital metrics are in-use and result in efficient utilisation of capital for both organic and inorganic initiatives
- Working with subsidiaries to ensure robust capital management processes and capital positions
3-5 years of relevant experience in the banking sector. Experience in capital management and / or bank corporate centre would be an advantage
Minimum - University degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or Finance. CFA would be looked upon favourably
- Possess drive and desire to succeed
- Attention to detail is critical
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to organize and lead complex processes
- Adaptable - comfortable in rapidly changing environments
- Solid understanding of Basel and MAS capital regulatory framework would be advantageous
- Strong analytical, modelling and presentation skills and IT skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.