We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Portfolio Analyst to join our Private Funds Investment department and assist in the day to day management of the private equity funds portfolio.
You will be required to:
- Assist in the collection and analysis of fund performance data for M&G PFI's on-going market mapping exercise. This would involve sourcing and analysing a number of fund managers' track records across a particular country or region, collating your findings and presenting your conclusions to the M&G team.
- Assist all deal executives in manager track record analysis to form part of the Fitness Test and Board Investment Committee discussion papers. This would involve analysing a fund manager's performance using criteria including region, year of investment, sector, size of deal and deal attribution by deal partner.
- Assist in reviewing the current M&G PFI portfolio to determine whether there are any fund positions M&G PFI should elect to sell on the secondary market. In turn, to determine whether there are fund positions where we should actively look to add to our current holding.
- Provide support to all deal executives in the sourcing, monitoring and execution of making commitments to private equity funds.
- Assist with populating and monitoring M&G PFI's CRM system (Salesforce)
What we are looking for
You should be an investment graduate with portfolio management understanding and currently undertaking or have an interest in taking the CFA certification.
You must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and a good level of competence using Excel. The ability to work well both individually and as a team member is key for this role, as well as being conscientious and a self-starter.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.