ERS Credit Risk - Senior Consultant
About the Enterprise Risk Services (ERS) team
Within the Financial Services practice, the ERS team delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though tailored services across credit risk, operational risk, market risk, insurance risk and risk technology.
Typical engagements within the credit risk cluster of our ERS team include assisting Corporate / Commercial / Retail Banks / Investment and Asset Management in:
Designing their end-to-end risk management frameworks, strategies, appetite, methodologies and policies
Structuring their governance and organisational architecture and target operating models
Appraising and reshaping their credit processes around rating evaluations, sanctioning, decision making, portfolio monitoring, collection and recovery, provisioning and write-offs, debt work-out, etc.
We are looking to grow our team further across all our sub competency teams as more clients turn to us to provide them with support in improving their overall risk frameworks, governance and systems.
The Senior Consultant role
As a Financial Services Risk Senior Consultant, you will contribute to the delivery of client engagements and internal projects. You will anticipate and identify risks and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with our commitment to quality, you will determine that work is of a high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. As a key member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- Participate in credit risk engagements.
- Support the management of financial aspects of client engagements
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist managers, senior managers, directors and partners in solution and proposal development
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
- Conduct performance reviews as appropriate and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting and retaining ERS professionals
- Coach and support the development of junior people in the team
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
- Support training initiatives including developing of training and presentation material
- Strong academic background including a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, CFA or a related field.
- Experience in consulting and/or retail/corporate banking in financial institutions with a well developed credit risk management framework and end-to-end credit management practices.
- Team player, ability to work under pressure and to deadline.
- Ability to discuss with counterparts at financial institutions regarding credit risk management including credit risk policy, governance and credit risk processes and control framework, credit risk appetite and/or credit risk models. Knowledge of impairment, collections & recoveries, capital management, credit data and stress testing is desirable
- Awareness of credit risk related regulations, e.g., Basel 2 and 3, CRD IV, IFRS 9, and current practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Effective written and oral communication skills are critical
- Relationship building skills are essential
- Statistic skills, knowledge of SAS or SQL, project management and other major credit risk software would be advantageous.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.