Contractor- Data Agile Analyst
Overview of role
Agile Analysts are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Agile Analyst's core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also contribute to development and testing activities.
Agile Analysts are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
Agile Analysts are expected to be well versed with the investment management industry, having worked in roles that required delivery of solutions for middle and back office operations.
A working knowledge of order management and data management of securities, classifications, analytics and reference data is essential. Knowledge of data vendors like Bloomberg, Reuters, MarkIT, etc. and interfaces for interaction with them is highly desired.
- Support Capability (Portfolio Services, Data and Regulations) Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
- Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability (Portfolio Services, Data and Regulations) Owner and Epic Owners/Analysts
- Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability (Portfolio Services, Data and Regulations) Owner and Epic Owners/Analysts
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system' definition of done within agreed sprint
- Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
- Responsible for contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks, etc.
- Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Committing to increasing skills and experience in non-core specialisations (Dev, Test)
- Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialisation
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
- Committing to developing the wider Global Technology (GT) organisation through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
- Take ownership of the delivering to the required outcome including high quality solution for all work assigned and demonstrate sense of urgency in responding to the needs of our clients.
- To strengthen relationships with all business stakeholders that have been engaged as part of service delivery
- To demonstrate unconditional collaboration, empathy, respect and camaraderie among peers and across those supporting functions that you work with
- To demonstrate contribution and support to the success of your peers
- To demonstrate contribution to GT innovation, diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- To provide timely, accurate information of work in progress and ensure/demonstrate that risks / issues are pro-actively managed and escalated in a timely manner
- To ensure Architectural design and processes are reviewed and that appropriate standards of governance and control are consistently followed when delivering change
- To ensure all GT control issues identified through self-declaration, internal, external, regulatory or compliance review are escalated and communicated
- Deliver the objectives and goals as defined in the PI Planning, continuing to build the culture/mind-set that embraces new ways of working, including role modelling agile leadership
- To demonstrate that you take full ownership of your own learning and expansion of skills and knowledge and are pro-active in doing so
General and Technical skills
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, SAFe is preferred
- Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
- Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
- Excellent ability to communicate how the work (features and stories) delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics
- Educated to at least undergraduate degree level
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB) are preferred
- In-depth knowledge of at least one data vendor's capabilities - Bloomberg, Reuters, MarkIT, IDC - would be advantageous
- Knowledge of reference data management especially portfolios, securities, classifications, benchmarks, analytics, corporate actions is highly desirable
- Knowledge of front and back office investment management systems like Aladdin, Dimension
- Knowledge of querying databases - ORACLE, SQL Server - would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Markit EDM
- Familiarity with tools and processes for backlog management as well as automated testing/build e.g. TFS, Octopus
- Some knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools and common programming languages is preferred
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in-house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- CBAP / CFA or Agile practitioner
- Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
- Problem solver, comfortable with taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
- Passionate about mastering and innovating best practice in software development