About the Position
The CMBS Analyst will be responsible for reviewing all collateral and structural aspects of CMBS transactions including deal waterfall, commercial mortgage loan terms, valuing commercial mortgage properties and recommending investment in CMBS. The CMBS Analyst will also be responsible for credit surveillance of existing positions and maintaining credit risk surveillance reports for senior management. The position is located in Santa Monica.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Underwrite CMBS securities by reviewing underlying commercial mortgage loans and valuing the related commercial mortgage properties.
- Maintain up-to-date views on the health of commercial property types and commercial property markets.
- Conduct detailed review of deal structures and terms.
- Assist in development of research notes, credit memos and ad-hoc reporting
- Maintain and manage credit risk surveillance reports for CMBS positions
- Develop market information and data and develop presentations to senior management, sales and marketing, and clients.
- Support trading function with timely research and collateral updates.
- Develop expertise with existing underwriting tools and models
- Work with groups throughout Guggenheim to employ expertise on structure and collateral.
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope and success of our business.
Skills & Experience Required
- 2-3 years in commercial mortgage lending and/or commercial property valuation (required)
- Experience with CMBS and CMBS trading (preferred)
- MBA and CFA or equivalent educational background.
- Strong credit, finance, economic, business and technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of CMBS credit models, uses, and limitations
- Ability to multi task across analytical, administrative, and research activities in a detail oriented and timely manner.
- Strong commitment to performance and accuracy of work product.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.