Product Manager, US Equity
- Work with the Distribution businesses, Investment leaders and Product Strategy team to develop a robust overall product strategy within the assigned asset class for this role including a framework for continually assessing market demand for current and new products that is consistent with an overall investment product strategy.
- Continually assess the need for the on-going product management of T. Rowe Price’s existing range of strategies versus the requirement for specific new product development initiatives within the assigned asset class for this role.
- Work with the business unit leaders and the portfolio specialists to continually assess the current product range against the defined strategy within the assigned asset class for this role.
- Determine any appropriate action plans through regular product healthchecks, with the support and agreement of the investment teams, to ensure that the current product range meets the standards required to be successful within the assigned asset class for this role.
- Work with the investment teams, distribution businesses and product strategy team to develop and implement a plan to launch any appropriate products including working with the Marketing groups to conduct necessary pre-launch market testing within the assigned asset class for this role.
- Coordinate and drive competitor assessment & analysis resulting in making necessary recommendations regarding specific product positioning versus competitors within the assigned asset class for this role.
- Work with the rest of the Product group to manage capacity, consider which vehicles are most appropriate and determine optimal pricing within the assigned asset class for this role.
- Work with the Portfolio Specialist teams and the Sales & Marketing teams to help target the go to market plans towards those areas where optimal net new business success can be delivered within the assigned asset class for this role.
- Work with the portfolio management teams, the portfolio specialists, the central marketing team and the segment sales & marketing teams to ensure that the full range of product collateral is as effective as possible in positioning the product for success within the assigned asset class for this role.
- Global Head of Product
- Heads of Investment (US Equity, Global Equity, Fixed Income & Asset Allocation) and Investment Steering committee member
- Product Strategy team
- Fund Product Management teams
- Portfolio Specialist Group
- Heads of Distribution
- Channel and Country Business Heads
- Heads of Marketing
Location: The roles will be based in Baltimore and London dependent upon the location of the investment team they are working with.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven experience and understanding in working within a global asset management business.
- A sophisticated understanding of investing and ideally a proven ability to identify product trends and to design the appropriate products to meet investor demands.
- A good understanding of how to make product strategy, product development and product management work in practice successfully ensuring delivery of good customer outcomes leading to beneficial commercial results.
- Proven capability to contribute to delivering excellent client outcomes and thereby growing businesses.
- An ability to develop influence and work within an increasingly matrixed global structure across relationship management, marketing, product, investment, operations, legal and compliance etc. including a willingness to travel.
- Graduate with good academic qualifications.
- Unassailable ethics and integrity with a straightforward, honest and agenda-free approach.
- Senior level presence with the capability to project credibility and gain trust and respect at all levels, internally and externally.
- Professional curiosity to identify and drive new ideas of opportunity.
- Enthusiastic and optimistic with a drive to succeed and willingness to take managed risks.
- Proven ability to “connect the dots” and understand relationships between various facts, ideas, and objectives.
- High Emotional Intelligence.