Director, Product Data
Our client is a privately held investment manager offering a variety of fixed-income and equity strategies to individual and institutional investors. Managed approx. $140 billion in assets.
The Information Services Group is responsible an approach to strategic data requiring a focus on developing conclusive data requirements, fostering fact-based analysis and leveraging resources and tools that allow business areas to collaborate and share knowledge both internally and externally.
This role requires the management of a team responsible for product data maintenance, data quality control, and any other basic but important product data analysis techniques. Also, the role requires an understanding of the asset management industry and the various types of investment vehicles and the analytics required to create and maintain for marketing, sales and relationship management. The role is expected to lead some parts of the analytical process including data mining, data modeling, and, ultimately, solving critical business problems by utilizing all applicable quantitative knowledge and statistical techniques.
- Manage a team of 7 analysts responsible for producing the following Fixed Income analytic metrics:
- Duration: modified and "effective" (also called option-adjusted) duration
- Average life
- Yield: "yield to worst" calculated to various dates (calls, sinking fund dates and maturities), option-adjusted yield
- Option-adjusted spread (sometimes referred to as OAS)
- Historical analysis, including accurate historical "rewinds" of portfolios
- Accurate knowledge of lot-level amortization and accretion used in gains/losses and total returns
- Total return calculations that take transactions into account
- Sector, Duration, Industry and Credit Quality breakdowns
- Convexity, including option-adjusted convexity
- Comparisons to indices
- Develop, implement and maintain fixed income attribution reporting
- Accurate and timely production of daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Provide support to programming efforts on fixed income analytical projects.
- Provide quantitative analysis, data, and processes to assist product management team
- Address product management issues with provided analytics and follow up until successful resolution
- Provide systems support to foster participation by product management in identifying issues with data and analytics
- Participate in the definition and implementation of fixed income analytic methodologies
- Participate in the assessment of existing analytic tools to determine whether a new product can be accurately represented
- Implement changes to analytic tools to handle new products if improvements are necessary
- Disseminate regular or ad hoc reports providing quantitative data about product management
- Develop testing to maintain fixed income data quality
- Work with business lines in Sales and Marketing to fulfill fixed income analytical business needs.
- Create performance metrics to track and measure the effectiveness of solutions generated through the analytics process.
- Work with Technology and Operations to address data quality issues.
- Articulating a deep knowledge of mutual funds, separately managed accounts and institutional separate accounts
- Fulfilling various ad-hoc analytical reporting requests
- College degree and 3-5 years of related work experience, and/or CFA
- Demonstrated experience in translating business strategy into a technical strategy
- Ability to successfully partner and communicate with all levels of an organization
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively both in IT, with business within Fixed Income.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and impact the business
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to forge relationships resulting in successful partnerships
- Experience with Fixed Income instruments & derivatives
- Strong negotiation skills
- Business acumen
Competitive compensation based on experience.