Performance and Sales Operations Analyst
Job Description and Responsibilities
Ranger Global is seeking to hire a Performance and Sales Operations Analyst who will work directly with our three-person Sales and Marketing team, as well as our five-person Investment team. The Performance and Sales Operations Analyst will play a key role within the organization, with primary responsibilities including:
- GIPS Composite Maintenance and Annual Verification Oversight
Ranger Global has constructed a performance composite, in accordance with CFA Institute GIPS standards, which has been independently verified through December 31, 2016. The role requires a candidate with a working knowledge of GIPS and the ability to work with FactSet to update the composite statistics monthly. Further, the candidate will spearhead the annual GIPS verification and performance examination, working alongside our verifier, ACA Compliance (formerly Ashland Partners).
- Marketing Collateral
Working with Director of Institutional Sales, COO/CCO and integrating with the investment team as required, candidate will act as the initial lead in preparation, accuracy, and compliance verification of firm and strategy-level marketing collateral. Candidate must have strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and other Microsoft Office tools.
- RFP, RFI, FAQ, Consultant Questionnaires
Candidate will work with the Director of Institutional Sales, COO/CCO, CIO and CEO to respond to institutional requests-for-proposals, requests-for-information and ad-hoc requests from the institutional investment community as well as maintain the firm and strategy narrative and frequently asked questions/responses.
- FactSet Portfolio Analysis
Candidate will, on a monthly/quarterly basis and as requested, utilize FactSet (and possibly Bloomberg) to update portfolio performance, attribution, exposure analysis and portfolio analytics for client inquiries, institutional database population, investment team review, and other ad-hoc projects.
- Institutional Database Firm, Performance and Portfolio Statistics Population
We have engaged eVestment Omni (outsourced database population provider) to assist with monthly and quarterly quantitative/qualitative database population including performance statistics, portfolio and firm statistics and any additional updates as required. Candidate will liaise with eVestment as needed to ensure that database population is timely and review output regularly for accuracy.
- eVestment Analytics
Candidate will perform ad-hoc and standard competitive analyses of RGREA across all measures vs. the Global REIT peer manager universe utilizing eVestment analytics.
- Support of RGREA’s Direct and Third-Party Sales Activity
Support of RGREA’s sales and client servicing activities across the North American institutional market. This will include assisting with territory management and tracking, weekly sales meetings, and weekly investment marketing meetings, as well as activities in support of third-party sales and servicing efforts by RGREA’s distribution partners. The candidate will be able to utilize market intelligence tools (finDaily, finSearches, MMD, etc.) to identify active global real estate searches, target prospective clients, organize sales trips, and regularly track institutional search activity and territory review supporting the firm’s institutional distribution efforts.
- Various Ad-Hoc Office Activities
Printing and binding of marketing presentations, assist with quarterly board meeting materials, video conference and sales meeting logistics, coordination and tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university with a superior academic record; MBA/CFA a plus
- FINRA Series 7/63 (24 would be a plus)
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to think independently, research thoroughly and communicate clearly
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Mastery of financial analysis software (i.e., FactSet, Bloomberg and Excel) and PowerPoint
- Thorough understanding of the investment business (real estate experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well within an entrepreneurial environment
- A willingness and ability to be proactive and exercise sound judgment in carrying out duties with a minimum of supervision
- The poise and confidence to represent the firm in meetings with senior management and current and prospective investors
How to Apply
Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org