Chief Risk Officer | Senior Risk Manager
Superb opportunity for a seasoned Risk professional to join a start-up specialist Asset Management Company based in Dublin and part of a global bank as their CRO / Senior Risk Manager in Dublin. Reporting directly to the Country Manager and a functional reporting line to the global bank CRO the successful candidate will be the Designated Person for Operational Risk Management and Fund Risk Management.
This is a great chance to be part of a global organisation taking its first Irish steps and join the senior leadership team in a key role for the Ireland operation. A significant part of the remit will be to grow the Dublin business from an operational and risk perspective.
Take ownership for developing, maintaining and updating the risk management framework of the Bank with a special focus on operational risk management topics
- Acknowledge the regulations of the group, ensuring the local implementation through internal processes and policies
- Identify the risks of the organization. Proposing the risk appetite to the Board of Directors, ensuring it is in line with the Risk Appetite Framework of the group and monitoring the trend
- Granting the measuring and control of different types of risk exposures, while verifying the implementation of the main policies and guidelines with particular attention to operational risk management
- Overseeing the identification and monitoring of potential gaps from the current regulation; Providing consulting and assistance to other functions to increase the level of awareness about the regulations
- Providing regular reports to the Country Manager, the BoD and to the central CRO Function (i.e. operational losses)
With regard to the Fund Risk Management part of the role the following are some key areas of responsibility:
- Define the Risk Management Policy (RMP), that should be regularly reviewed and updated in order to ensure the overall effectiveness
- Ensure the full and correct data entry in the risk management systems to measure, monitor and report the risk of the investment funds compliant with risk limits at every level (investment policy, investment strategies)
- Define and implement a specific reporting to the BoD and Regulators
- Evaluate the risk metrics, considering the financial markets context evolution
- Significant experience in a similar role (i.e. as a Fund Risk Manager in an Irish ManCo)
- In depth knowledge of UCITS regulation
- Strong technical and analytics skills
- Proven academic credentials, ideally in Economics or Engineering
- Qualifications such as FRM, PRMIA, CFA will be considered advantageous
The ideal person will be a motivated professional, goal-oriented with high problem-solving skills. Proactive with the ability to work in a dynamic environment where flexibility and ongoing learning are expected.
Interested parties should click the Apply button to direct a copy of their CV to John Ennis at Paragon Executive for immediate consideration.
For further information call John on 01-874 6770