Associate Portfolio Manager
If you have a passion for the markets and portfolio management and want to work in a client-facing role, our new Associate Portfolio Manager position may be just for you.
The successful hire will manage our discretionary portfolios on a day-to-day basis, conduct research, perform trading, and provide daily input and guidance on overall portfolio construction and model management for retirement and non-retirement assets for individual, high-net-worth clients.
The Associate Portfolio Manager position is client facing and works closely with the Partners, the Private Wealth Planning Team and the Client Service Team to manage, monitor, and maintain client portfolios. The successful hire will develop and research new investment ideas for clients, perform continuing due diligence on existing investments, manage models, conduct trading and performance reporting and serve as a member of Monument’s Investment Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Applicants should have hands-on experience with portfolio management. Assets included in our portfolios are individual stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, structured notes, options and fixed income instruments. Duties include the following:
- Maintain general market insight
- Write client communications and contribute to our blog with either data and/or actual posts
- Conduct performance reporting, including maintaining the data and creating the reports
- Present in client meetings on performance, portfolio reviews, asset allocation changes, model performance and market commentary
- Maintain all models and contribute to the creation of new models for new asset classes
- Assist in compliance
- Meet with teammates to review and manage client portfolios and Private Wealth PlansSM
- Independently monitor and suggest changes to client portfolios
- Generate portfolio recommendations specific to each client’s Private Wealth PlanSM
- Conduct trading across multiple custodians
- Utilize FactSet, Morningstar, Value Line, Dorsey Wright & Associates and other research software to screen for new investment ideas and maintain due diligence on existing holdings
- Conduct due diligence meetings with representatives of select investment firms
- Actively participate as a member of the Investment Team
- Complete special projects and manage technology vendors as needed
This position is client-facing and is not a Financial Advisor position in disguise. It has decision‐making authority on client matters and will earn more client responsibilities with experience and tenure at Monument.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- “Clients first” attitude, professional demeanor, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility
- Professional appearance is a must
- Experience with multiple-custodian trading, administration, billing and reporting is a plus - (Fidelity, LPL Financial & TD Institutional)
- Creating and auditing client performance reports – familiarity with DST Vision is a plus.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Self‐motivated, confident, detail‐oriented, and analytical
- Willingness to take on additional operational responsibilities as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of various securities markets
- Familiarity with Orion, FactSet, Morningstar, SalesForce, eMoney Advisor, Value Line and Point & Figure Charting is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater from an accredited college or university
- CFA designation, progress toward completion or enrollment desired
- Previous portfolio management experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with High-Net-Worth clients and appropriate investment strategies
Salary and Benefits
- Base salary of $75-85k depending on experience and credentials, several different bonus plans and an opportunity to enter the Path to Partnership program, which creates ownership over time.
- Benefits including SIMPLE IRA, health insurance, paid holidays, unlimited vacation policy and transportation allowance for on-site parking or Metro
Who Should Apply
If you are a creative, driven, friendly, easing-going professional who is a self-starter, passionate about investing and looking to really contribute something to a culture, firm and Team like Monument, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Please spend time researching our firm by visiting our website, watching our videos and reading our blog. If Monument and this position sound interesting to you, please include in your letter:
- Why you are a good fit for our brand, culture, Team and position
- How you can contribute to the above
- Examples of anything that highlights you or your work – any and all mediums are acceptable
We will review your credentials and will respond with more detail about this opportunity. You should anticipate multiple rounds of interviewing with members of the Team (Skype and in person).
Who Should Not Apply
People looking first and foremost for a very structured experience and/or a big company name on their resume should move on. If you are not a good fit for working on an interdependent Team that takes pride in the culture and the clients above all else, this opportunity is not a good fit. If you have no personality and no sense of humor or need to be told what to do every second of the day, Monument is not the place for you.
This is a place to take what you do very seriously but not one where you take yourself too seriously. Monument is a process-driven firm and Team. If you cannot deal with processes and systems or you are someone who cannot get their work done, this is a bad fit. If you want a job where you just do your own thing, this is a bad fit. Monument is an interdependent Team from the owners on down.
If you are firing off your resume, cutting and pasting a cover letter to every available opportunity without fully understanding the brand, culture and team you want to work with, please move on. If you don’t take the time to learn as much as you can about us, we are not interested in taking time to learn about you.
We are a small business that cannot get our hiring wrong – if you can’t be patient with our decision-making process, you will not make it through our interviews.
Finally – Monument has several dogs who come to the office during the week. If you don’t like dogs, please factor this into your decision to apply.
Here’s What You Need to Know About Monument Wealth Management
Monument Wealth Management is an independent Registered Investment Advisory firm based in the Washington D.C. area that takes a unique, collaborative team approach in leading clients through a personalized Private Wealth Management experience.
Monument specializes in helping successful entrepreneurs, executives, other high-net-worth individuals and their families properly connect their financial resources to their personal aspirations. We do this through innovative, cash flow-based Private Wealth Planning and discretionary, in-house asset management completely unconstrained by any large corporate agenda.
Monument supports clients throughout the entire wealth creation and preservation cycle, and serves as a partner, advocate and advisor during all aspects and phases of their journey.
For more information about our company, please visit our website.
More jobs like this
- Bachelors Full Time CFA Charterholder Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Performance Analysis
- Bachelors Full Time CFA Charterholder Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Portfolio Management: Alternatives
- Bachelors Full Time CFA Charterholder Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Portfolio Management: Equities
- Bachelors Full Time CFA Charterholder Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Portfolio Management: Fixed Income
- Bachelors Full Time CFA Charterholder Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Trading