Wealth Advisory Analyst
Wealth Advisory Analyst
Bordeaux Wealth Advisors, LLC
Bordeaux Wealth Advisors, LLC (BWA) is a premier wealth advisory firm that provides objective, independent and comprehensive financial counseling and investment advice to a sophisticated clientele of high net worth individuals and families.
Our firm advises on approximately $2 billion of client assets and has offices in Menlo Park, CA. As a fee-only wealth advisory firm, BWA’s revenue is derived exclusively from client fees, and neither sells products nor receives commissions. The firm is wholly owned by its senior partners.
BWA’s culture is centered on integrity, intellectual rigor, curiosity, strong service ethics, and a client focus. We are a proudly independent firm and believe deeply in putting our client’s interests first.
Working closely with senior professionals and associates of the firm, the Wealth Advisory Analyst is an integral member of the client service team working to deliver extraordinary client service. The analyst will support lead advisors and associates in the Menlo Park office by providing valuable information through financial analyses, investment portfolio construction, income tax planning and general research projects.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in financial planning, tax planning and/or wealth management or related disciplines with a strong desire to build a successful career in the wealth management industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
- Prepare agendas, reports, analyses and investment performance tracking for client meetings.
- Support the Lead Advisor in creating and assembling materials for client meetings.
- Assist in the execution of client recommendations.
- Run financial projections for clients using a sophisticated Excel financial model.
- Assist Partners and associates in the evaluation of client financial strategies and decisions by conducting complex financial analyses on a wide range of investment, tax, estate and financial planning topics.
- Perform general research in areas of investments, income tax planning, estate planning, impact of recent regulations, and financial markets to provide input to client-facing advisors.
- Manage workflow and prioritize projects.
The analyst position allows one to gain experience in many areas of financial planning and analysis ranging from:
- Investment Strategies
- Financial Modeling
- Asset Allocation
- Cash Flow
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Insurance Strategies
- Estate Planning
- Charitable Giving
REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, COMPENTENCIES & PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting from a premier University with strong academic grades
- Relevant work experience is preferred
- CFP®, CPA or CFA® designation preferred, or working toward achieving
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Excel and a well-developed quantitative aptitude to develop models to analyze financial matters
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within strict deadlines while managing multiple priorities and open projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Impeccable integrity and honesty – follows up and keeps promises
- Strong professional and personal references
- Successfully pass background checks
Competitive compensation package will be offered to the final candidate commensurate with experience and ability. This package will include an attractive base salary, an incentive bonus, group insurance benefits, 401(k) plan and paid vacation.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history for the past 3 years.