Senior Internal Auditor
- Preplanning, wrap up, and completion of audits assigned.
- Prepare exit memorandums to report preliminary results to management.
- Identification of solutions to enhance internal controls to protect bank assets or ensure compliance with state or federal regulations to be communicated to the Internal Audit Manager.
- Draft written reports of audit findings and recommendations for the Internal Audit Manager’s review.
- Oversee detail work of Staff Internal Auditors as assigned to ensure their understanding of testing objectives and proper documentation and completion.
- Record time spent performing audit assignments to ensure adequate tracking for efficiency monitoring.
- Provide accurate and clear audit workpapers to document scope, testing results, risks, root cause, and assist in developing recommendations.
- Identify areas to improve business processes and identify opportunities for increased efficiencies.
- Document processes involved in area tested, as directed by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Report evidence of fraud to the Internal Audit Manager for further investigation.
- Effectively apply information technology tools in assigned testing.
- Develop positive working relationships with all bankers and managers.
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager in development of risk assessments to include individual audits to providing input into the overall audit risk assessment.
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager in the reporting of FDICIA deficiencies to management and tracking remediation testing.
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager to ensure adequate testing of FDICIA program and oversee detail testing of Staff Internal Auditors I & I to ensure their understanding of testing objectives.
- Assist in information or report gathering as directed by the Internal Audit Manager for examiners and external auditors.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. All bankers are expected to follow Bank Secrecy Act and other regulatory requirements related to the position.
Education, Experience, Competencies and Skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Maintain a current CPA, CIA, CFE, CRCM or CFSA.
- 3 years of audit experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Ability to read and understand complex regulations.
- Ability to carry out complex written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with bankers and management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independent of daily supervision and through committee structure.
- Ability to calmly handle stressful situations.
- Ability to work with deadlines and time pressure.
- Ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple projects.
- Exhibit effective listening skills.
- Ability to solve moderate to difficult problems through research/application of general/specific guidance.
- CPA, CIA or CFSA with 3-4 years of audit experience in banking and/or financial services industry.
- Understanding of bank operations, accounting, and financial institution laws and regulations.
- Experience in mentoring Staff Auditors.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley or FDICIA.
- Experience preparing process flowcharts and narratives.
- Experience utilizing CAATs software.
Equipment Used. Computer, printer, scanner, video conference, telephone, fax machine, photocopier, calculator, and ten-key.
Physical Effort and Working Conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical and Visual Requirements:
- Ability to work seated, using a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to drive a car.
- Ability to view computer screen close to eyes.
- Ability to view paperwork.
Physical environment: Normal office environment for a majority of job functions.
Location: Frequent local and occasional interstate travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY
This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.