APAC Chief Auditor, Consumer, MD
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17057691
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in approximately 100 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role provides the Internal Audit organization with strategic direction in the establishment of risk-based auditing and reporting methodologies, organization design, and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives, and to ensure the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
The Consumer Banking APAC Audit Team covers Cards and Retail products, including deposit products, secured and unsecured lending, investments and insurance, as well as all aspects of these portfolios' lifecycle including client onboarding, originations, servicing, compliance and risk management. The Chief Auditor Consumer APAC is responsible for delivering the assurance portfolio in the APAC Region (including those jurisdictions in EMEA managed via APAC for GCB), and for overseeing, at a regional level, consistent coverage, thematic trends, and global reporting. Key stakeholders are the Head of GCB in APAC and his/her Management team.
- Sets and/or contributes to strategic direction and medium to long term planning of Citi's Internal Audit (IA) function in the establishment of risk based auditing for Cads, Retail, and Mortgage portfolios, which includes reporting methodologies, organizational design and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance. This is to be consistent and aligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives. Uses excellent communication, leadership and strong management skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners and external audiences including regulators and external auditors. Frequently engages in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the function, and possibly on the organization as a whole
- Directs comprehensive audit activities supporting a product line, function, or legal entity at the global or regional level including a significant portion of the audit annual plan, in accordance with IA standards, Citi policies, and local regulations. Typically responsible for providing valued and timely independent assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of a product, function, or legal entity at a global or regional level
- Responsible to oversee the delivery of high quality, value-added multiple concurrent audits on time and to specification
- Ensures the delivery of audit reports that are complete, insightful, timely, error free and concise
- Ensures timely delivery of high-quality comprehensive regulatory and internal audit issue validation, and where determined appropriate issue validation on other remediation actions, including issues arising from the external auditors, consultants and other parties
- Delivers high impact reports of IA's contributions to executive management, regulators, and Citigroup and Citibank boards' sub-committees, developing trend analyses and thematic reporting
- Manages multiple teams of global or regional Audit professionals through other senior managers. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Identifies internal talent and fills key positions, attracts talent with required expertise to meet the risk profile of the business, builds deep bench strength and develops appropriate succession plans. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of multiple disciplines (Audit, Risk, Compliance, and Training) and of different Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive understanding of high risk areas including Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management
- Delivers learning and development programs and is a recognized leader in training and developing others
- Develops approaches to promote knowledge sharing and promulgate management best practices across Internal Audit, Citibank and Citigroup
- Delivers cost effective and efficient management of audit teams and audit engagements
- Ensures IA meets/exceeds the requirements and expectations of Citibank and Citigroup's regulators by minimizing inconsistencies as well as multiple communication points of contact
- Works closely and collegially within IA and with line management and control functions to ensure efficient and effective provision of independent audit assurance
- Collaborates across businesses and functions to improve the identification, quantification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk management and internal control environments
- Takes responsibility and accountability of audit's coverage and reporting on common high risks areas such KYC, AML, Fraud, Technology, Sanctions, and Consent Order and other enforcement action compliance.
- Actively supports and drives the Internal Audit Strategic Plan and IA's and management's efforts for Citi to have a "Strong" internal audit function and for Citi to have "Strong" control functions
- Fully supports and endorses the Quality Assurance function of Internal Audit and promptly accepts and remediates deficiencies found by QA
- Ensures the adoption of the appropriate portions of the Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee Charters and the Internal Audit Charter for applicable legal entities
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts. Leverages knowledge of peer Internal Audit teams to improve audit processes and coverage.
- Demonstrates continuous improvement in the strength and efficiency of assurance delivery
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus. Advanced level experience in a related role with extensive experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables according to strict timetables
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a strong business understanding of Cards, Retail and Mortgage products
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams through a changing environment and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment
- A self-aware, self-confident individual who has well developed listening skills, and a strong ability to engage a group of accomplished business unit heads by providing proactive advice on a variety of audit matters while carefully balancing the independent requirements of the IA function.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and senior management as well as regulators
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in managing teams and making a positive impact on the organization