Head of ESG Research
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Research
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17012508
As part of one of the world's largest financial services companies with a presence in more than 100 countries, Citi Australia has provided financial services to Australian consumers, corporates, institutions and governments for more than 30 years. Recognised for its innovative range of global products and services, Citi today counts more than one million Australians and one thousand local corporate and institutional clients as valued customers.
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in 100 countries and jurisdictions. Globally, Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Citi is recruiting a senior analyst to lead the ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) research team. We have been a pioneer of sell-side ESG research within the Australian equities market since 2006 and consistently top rated by institutional investor clients.
The lead analyst will possess a deep understanding of ESG trends and issues across industries and constituent companies, effectively communicating investment-relevant insights including potential financial impacts to investor clients.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about ESG and also loves financial markets. The role offers an opportunity to lead the ESG debate and interact with major investors (institutional investors and superfunds), key industry participants and Citi's Sales & Trading desk. You may have worked as a fundamental analyst (buy- or sell-side) with a genuine passion for ESG or come from an ESG / sustainability role in a financial institution, professional services firm, corporate or NGO with high financial literacy.
- Publish and market research on key ESG issues, risks and opportunities faced by industries and constituent companies
- Develop and integrate subject matter expertise on topical environmental, social and governance issues along with an understanding of how these issues can impact investment decisions or inform investors' engagement with investee companies
- Track and analyze financial news, industry trends and relevant regulations that may impact the market
- Interact with listed companies and collaborate with Citi Research analysts to encourage ESG analysis to be embedded in fundamental valuations
- Organize and host Citi ESG events for institutional clients
- Comply with the ethical standards contained in the Code of Conduct
- Adhere to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements
- Significant experience either in investment analysis (buy- or sell-side) or an ESG-related role with a significant financial focus.
- Ability to articulate investment-relevant insights and research in written products, with exceptional attention to detail and a strong appreciation for balanced, methodical and rigorously supported analysis.
- Financial accounting and analytical skills to review annual reports and financial statements highly regarded
- Subject matter expertise in various ESG thematics
- Knowledge of the share market and familiarity with ASX listed companies would be an advantage
- Highly motivated with a work ethic to sustain working under time constraints and managing priorities
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Post-graduate qualifications in finance e.g. CFA, MBA, Masters, Chartered
Accounting would be an advantage