Los Angeles Capital is a global equity firm engaged in managing assets for leading institutions around the world. The firm is recognized as a pioneer in dynamic equity management, utilizing proprietary technology to engineer equity portfolios that adapt to today’s equity market. The firm’s senior investment professionals bring together three decades of investment experience to develop models for measuring and forecasting return and risk of global equity securities. The firm manages $20 billion in assets amongst a wide variety of public equity strategies designed to meet institutional client return and risk objectives. The firm was ranked in the top 5 Pension & Investments’ 2014, 2015 and 2016 Best Places to work in Money Management in the 50-99 employees category, and is 100% employee owned.
This position will be part of the performance team responsible for firm-wide oversight in ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of account and composite performance calculations provided to internal and external clients. The team is also responsible for maintaining GIPS compliance for the firm.
This role offers a successful candidate the opportunity to work with the operations, portfolio management, legal and marketing teams to provide performance analysis and guidance on performance related inquiries.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Assist in the calculation and validation of performance for portfolios, pooled vehicles, benchmarks, composites and strategies
- Manage flow of data from external sources (fund admin/custodians, index providers) as well as from internal systems
- Perform validation checks to ensure the quality and accuracy of calculations and resolve data discrepancies in a timely manner
- Provide support for GIPS compliance in the firm policies and procedures, composite construction, calculation, dispersion analysis and compliant reporting.
- Coordinate with third party auditors in support of the annual GIPS verification process by compiling materials and requested data
- Respond to requests for performance data and create reporting for efficient and timely distribution
- Develop and implement controls around performance generation and reporting
- Assist in the development, testing and integration of solutions for performance automation and process improvement initiatives
- Manage system enhancements to performance system and identify potential downstream implications
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experiences
- 2+ years of investment performance measurement or investment-related experiences
- CIPM designation or willing to obtain within 2 years of employment
- Willingness to cultivate a thorough understanding of performance measurement practices and methodologies, specifically of daily transaction-based performance calculations
- Experience working with Advent APX and BISAM B-One preferred
- Working knowledge of Excel, SQL will be preferred
Interpersonal/Communication /Language Skills:
- Detail oriented and comfortable with managing large amounts of date
- Proactive problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Los Angeles Capital offers industry competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits with opportunities of individual growth and development.
Los Angeles Capital is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran