bcIMC is seeking three permanent full-time Analysts to play a key role in supporting the investment activities of our Infrastructure & Renewable Resources department. On behalf of bcIMC’s clients, the Infrastructure and Renewable Resources department invests in companies and assets directly as well as through externally managed investment funds, specializing in providing long-term capital to private companies that operate core and core-plus infrastructure assets, and renewable resources, across developed and emerging markets.
bcIMC offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are a significant institutional investor whose investments span the world. Our major clients are pension plans, and the work that we do helps to secure the retirements of hundreds of thousands of people. Our success depends on our high-performing employees. The people who work at bcIMC are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share bcIMC’s core values of accountability, transparency, integrity, and team cohesiveness.
We are currently expanding our team and our skill base to equip bcIMC for the future.
- Undergraduate university degree and/or MBA with emphasis on finance and investment analysis
- Completed or be working towards completion of a relevant professional designation (e.g., CFA, CBV, LLB, or recognized accounting designation)
- Strong understanding of private markets/infrastructure investing and a sound understanding of corporate finance principles
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience within a leading private equity/asset management firm, investment bank or M&A transaction team
- Strong financial analysis and valuation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Deep experience using Microsoft Excel
- Effective presentation skills and excellent business writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and functionality as a team player
- Previous infrastructure investment experience, including timberland and agriculture assets
- International education and/or experience
- Previous investment experience with cross-border and/or emerging market transactions
Closing date: October 1, 2017
To learn more about this position and apply, go to https://careers.bcimc.com/res_joblist.html.
bcIMC provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health plans, and a defined benefit pension plan. Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification, to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status, and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with bcIMC? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at https://careers.bcimc.com.
bcIMC, 300-2950 Jutland Rd Victoria BC V8T 5K2, www.bcimc.com