Internal Accounting Intern
MRA Associates, a dynamic, comprehensive investment and wealth management firm, is seeking students committed to servicing the unique needs of high net worth individuals and their families. We are one of Phoenix Business Journal’s top ranked independent investment advisers and one of CareerBuilder’s Top Companies to Work For in Arizona. Our team approach focuses on providing excellent client service in a well reputed, fast paced environment. Our small but quickly growing firm boasts a fantastic workplace culture, encourages innovation, and wants motivated students to come join our team!
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter to Brenda Bernardi, Director of Business Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paid internship with small company (40 employees). Hands-on learning starts day one in this fast paced environment. Obtaining course credit may also be possible, depending on the student’s program approval. Hours will be flexible based on school schedule. Term of internship is variable, averaging around 10 weeks with the potential for extensions. Apply today, we are hiring YEAR ROUND!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Internship will provide exposure to the inner-workings of a wealth management firm. Responsibilities include a variety of internal accounting duties.
- Assisting with general accounting month-end closing procedures
- Employee reimbursement processing
- Assisting with financial analysis projects
- Managing accounts payable and receivables
- Completing special projects as needed
- Potential for other company projects that may not be accounting related.
- All School of Business Undergraduate Majors
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior in college
- Interest in Internal Accounting
- Ability to create and complete projects with little guidance
- High-level Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask with proven ability to plan and achieve results
- Demonstrate highest personal ethics and integrity
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of client information
- Acceptable result on background and drug test
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Desire and ability to work in a small company environment