Investment Banking Analyst
• Developing financial models, LBO models, analyzing financial statements, drafting presentations and various other documents such as prospectuses, information memoranda, teasers etc.
• Prepare analytical models for business development ideas through researching data (including comparable transactions), interviewing relevant parties and consulting with experts to enable management to make strategic decisions.
• Undertaking valuation analysis of companies (both public listed and private companies) using Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) analysis, traded and transaction comparable analysis, NAV, Precedent Transactions, Private Equity valuation and other relevant methodologies.
• Participating in transaction structuring, liaising and coordinating with various internal resources (such as legal and compliance) as well as regulatory authorities, external law firms and consultants, as required.
• Arranging, coordinating and participating in marketing transactions alongside senior management and assisting in the identification of potential counterparties /investors.
• Assist in the management of financial, legal and commercial due diligence processes.
• Identify and short-list potential opportunities, investors and targets for both Investment Banking and Private Equity.
• Creating Public Information Books (PIBs) for projects, marketing meetings and investment opportunities.
• Draft memos to senior management and/or investment committee with detailed IRR and valuation sensitivities analysis to assist in making informed investment decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Successful academic track record at a highly reputed business school, preferably with a corporate finance emphasis; a CFA qualification will be viewed favorably.
• Worked in an investment bank / private equity / big 4 advisory services firm for 2+ years.
• Proficient in excel financial modeling with superior valuation skills and a solid understanding of corporate finance valuation methods.
• Previous exposure to M&A transactions and performing research on companies/industries, as well as participating in due diligence process.
• Other requirements include strong analytical skills, strong PowerPoint and Excel skills, inter-personal skills, flexibility, adaptability and team orientation.
• Comfortable reading and interpreting financial statements
• Extraordinarily high level of commitment, focus on work quality and attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Commercial instinct and ability to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Familiarity with the use of Bloomberg and other data services is highly desirable.
• Fluency in English; Arabic would be beneficial.