· Provide specialist expertise and advice in fundamental credit analysis to the Finance, Investment Management, Financial Risk and Executive functions and to be a dedicated resource in that area.
· Be the first port of call regarding credit-related matters for there companies credit portfolio and act as part of ‘centre of excellence' on matters concerning credit risk exposure
· Maintain the agreed credit ‘watch list' process and provide an enhanced oversight of ‘watch list' assets
· Maintain personal development and competency on credit matters including rating agency methodologies, credit issues in the market and credit documentation
· Gather and perform fundamental credit assessments (on company, sector, market, sometimes with limited information) as required and provide an informed and dispassionate view
· Advise / provide challenge / produce papers on credit risk implications of investment strategy, tactical credit trading and risk transfer counterparty concentration
· Develop and parameterise the companies internal credit rating methodology
· Understand, review and critique the credit ratings/scorings provided by external asset managers
· Participate in strategic investment initiatives set out for the Investment Management Team
· 2:1 honours degree or professional equivalent.
· Accounting or other financial qualification (e.g. CFA) preferred but not mandated.
· At least five years relevant working experience.
Skills and Knowledge
· Excellent technical skills in fundamental credit analysis and the ability to assess and grasp credit quality / drivers in a variety of sectors.
· Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills.
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner.
· Strong commercial acumen and awareness of economics, corporate activity, regulatory activity, financial markets and current affairs.
· Good understanding of business processes around governance and risk.
· Good understanding of the companies products and services.
· Deep experience and expertise of fundamental credit analysis, including traded debt instruments, loans, structured finance, counterparty credit analysis, internal credit rating/scoring.
· Demonstrable experience in financial services in a senior credit risk analysis role e.g. commercial banking credit department; investment banking credit research/strategy; asset management credit analyst; insurance company credit risk specialist; ratings agency or equivalent.
· Demonstrable experience of communication to an executive level audience - written and verbal.
· Practical experience of financial markets trading environment, especially fixed income securities