GLOBAL INVESTMENT ANALYST
Our client is a highly successful, independent investment management firm based in Edinburgh's city centre. The company manages around £7bn of assets for institutional clients including corporate pension funds and charities. They are a highly disciplined and patient long term investor with a consistent and distinctive investment style which is based on intensive research across all the major global markets and sectors.
They are currently seeking an experienced Investment Analyst to join their portfolio management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking research and analysis on Global stocks and will partake in open debate, discussion, and intellectual challenge on a daily basis.
- Analysing equity stocks within Global Investment Markets
- Produce research reports on relevant securities
- Make buy, sell, hold recommendations on these stocks
- Attend weekly research meetings and contribute to discussion
- Keep up to date with developments in industry coverage
- Maintain up to date knowledge of global investment conditions
- Take decisions on asset allocation, equity purchases and sales and holdings of cash/cash equivalent investments for assigned portfolios.
- Support client relationships and business development activities as required
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current portfolio holdings
- Instruct brokers and Operations Department (as required) on execution of purchases and sales of portfolio investments, cash/cash equivalent holdings, and corporate actions on portfolio investments
- Ensure portfolios are invested in accordance with applicable regulatory limits and mandate requirements.
- Holds a good degree which demonstrates analytical abilities
- Postgraduate qualification preferred but not essential
- Charted Financial Analyst Qualification (CFA) - Fully qualified or part qualified
- Chartered / Certified Accountancy Qualification - beneficial not essential
- Over 5 years post-graduation work experience within a buy side asset management position required
- Confident, self-assured, articulate, able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines, excellent inter personal skills
- Able to work on own initiative, consistency of approach, efficient, able to exercise sound judgement
- Adaptable/flexible to meet the demands of the job, often at short notice
- Willingness to travel as and when required.
- Advanced Excel knowledge coupled with sound understanding of associated Microsoft products.
Job reference: 9208
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.