Analyst - Global Emerging Markets Team
Company Name - Schroders
Job Title - Research Analyst - Global Emerging Markets Team
Location of the Job - London
Salary - Competitive Salary and benefits offered
The highly successful Global Emerging Markets (GEM) Equity team manages over $25 billion. The team is looking to recruit a London based analyst who speaks and reads business Mandarin. The successful candidate will work closely with an experienced analyst to research and recommend Chinese stocks for inclusion in the portfolios. The candidate will rapidly assume responsibility for a subset of the Chinese equity market.
The analyst will trained by the Schroders GEM Equity team, which has a well defined investment philosophy and rigorous approach to fundamental analysis. Training will involve extensive education by and feedback from both analysts and fund managers on the team. There is an ongoing programme of talent development for all analysts. We will sponsor the analyst to undertake the CFA programme. In order to deepen relations and ensure effective communication with our Asian-based analysts, the analyst will have opportunities to work out of our offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai on short term assignments. The candidate needs no prior investment experience but must be able to read and speak business Mandarin and display strong numerical, analytical and communication skills.
Essential qualifications and skills
• Graduate or ACA (or equivalent)
• Able to read and speak business Mandarin
• Strong interest in business, investing and markets
• Strong numerical, reasoning and analytical ability
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
• Strong self awareness and responsive to feedback. Relentlessly seeks improvement
• Ability to plan work load independently
• Microsoft Office essential, to include Word and Excel. Knowledge of other relevant systems, tools or coding languages an advantage.
• Team player
Opening date for applications - 1st September 2017
Closing date for applications - 29th September 2017