Investments- Processing Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent career opportunity for an Investments- Processing Analyst. The Settlements, Cash Collection, and Collateral (SCCC) Asset Maintenance team is responsible for accurate Aladdin Trade Entry, Trade Enrichment, and Settlements. The team is accountable for the accurate recording of all trades and corporate actions into Aladdin and is also responsible for making sure that all trades interface properly into the Eagle Data Hub and Maximis, the primary accounting system. The SCCC Asset Maintenance team is also responsible for making sure that all trades are properly linked between all systems and making sure that trade settlements with brokers and external clearing partners, such as OMGEO, are completed accurately on a daily basis.
The Processing Analyst is responsible for accurate and on time Derivative trade entry and settlement. These trades are complex and have large dollar amounts at stake. This role works independently with external brokers, exchanges, and counterparties to settle trades and ensure the accuracy of these complex transactions. In addition, Derivative trade processing also includes processing both Exchange traded derivatives as well as Over the Counter (OTC) traded derivative contracts.
This role also serves as the lead for the non-exempt trade processors. This role supervises routine public and specialized, high touch non-public trade entry and settlement and is the first point of escalation when trades are not settling correctly. The Processing Analyst also responsible for making sure that contracts are set up properly in Aladdin, the Eagle Data Hub, and Maximis. This is very time sensitive so the Processing Analyst is expected to complete all settlement and trade processing work on time and quickly escalate unresolved complex issues to management.
- Accurate and on time processing of complex, high value Derivative trades
- Work independently with external brokers , exchanges, and counterparties to settle complex trade transactions
- Act as team lead to non-exempt processors providing guidance and advice on resolving routine to moderately complex issues
- Monitor Aladdin Trade Dashboard to ensure public, non-public, and Derivative trades are flowing properly through the Aladdin system and analyze and resolve moderately complex issues as needed
- Monitor Derivative Security and Trade Entry to ensure that trades are flowing correctly through Aladdin, the Eagle Data Hub, and Maximis, analyzing and resolving moderately complex exceptions as needed
- Monitor Maximis Hold Tables to ensure Maximis processing is accurate and complete
- Serve as first point of escalation and resolve moderately complex exceptions, escalating complex issues promptly to ensure expedient resolution occurs
- Work with Brokers and Custodians to resolve settlement defects.
- Provide other internal customers, like balancing, research, or compliance teams with moderately complex production reports as assigned.
- Participate in projects related to the Processing Team.
- Participate in team projects, assignments and team responsibilities such as continual process improvement for routine to moderately complex, strengthening of controls, peer analysis and team education sessions.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Provide status to Supervisor
- Ability to work with all areas of Operations and Finance to resolve out of balances and research issues
- Participate in cross-team knowledge and awareness
General Working Knowledge
- Working knowledge of the Investment Industry in general
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and issue resolution skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
Advanced Working Knowledge
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, SAP or other general ledger applications and database querying tools
- 0-2 years of professional accounting or reporting experience
- Access database knowledge, a plus
- Accounting/Finance Degree Required
- CPA/CFA candidate preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on http://jb.al.st/BWGk6 Twitter, http://jb.al.st/BWGka Facebook, http://jb.al.st/BWGlO Instagram and https://www.linkedin.com/company/allstate/careers LinkedIn or watch a http://jb.al.st/BWGpG video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the http://adtrk.tw/7nKLw San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding thehttp://adtrk.tw/7nKLw Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.