Portfolio Manager - Lead Market Intelligence
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensuring suitable processes are in place to enable early recognition of secular and cyclical threats to the credit portfolio under management.
- Devising and communicating effective and efficient hedging strategies, at portfolio level and individual portfolio-constituent obligors i.e. providing input into managing existing hedge positions and their P&L.
- Promoting conceptual, cross-functional and procedural connectivity between credit portfolio management on the one hand and early warning, credit related stress testing and formulating risk appetite on the other, and drives initiatives to achieve the above.
- Coordinating the fundamental and relative value-based credit research activities performed by the team.
- Planning credit research coverage and allocating credit research work.
- Maintaining working level and senior relationships at counterparty level.
- Acting as the subject matter expert (SME) on market perceptions of credit risk and coordinating their effective and efficient risk communication to other stakeholders in the bank.
- Performing project work as required and in support of the above.
In order to be successful in the role, you will need the following:
- Degree educated (Business, Economics, or relevant subject) or equivalent practical experience.
- Financial or credit analysis qualification (CFA, CQF, etc.) preferred but not required.
- A minimum of seven years' relevant experience in credit or fixed income management.
- Prior experience in a credit/bond/loan trading, credit/portfolio strategy or asset management role would be an advantage but not required.
- Proven portfolio management and credit research expertise are key.
- Solid stakeholder engagement and communication skills and familiarity with MS Excel and Bloomberg.
- Knowledge of portfolio simulation software (RiskFrontier) would be helpful.
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.