The successful candidate will have an in depth investment knowledge as demonstrated by experience in asset management or similar financial services. Able to develop and work with fundamental macro-economic models to assist investment decision-making across all major asset classes. Proficiency in programming languages such as R or python to develop models working with structured and unstructured data to develop econometric models.
- Assisting the head of market strategy in mentoring and developing a growing team of strategists.Helping develop strategic view on major asset classes as well as factors, regions, and currencies to inform longer term portfolio construction considerations.
- Utilising own proprietary modelling or external research provider to develop valuations of specific assets.
- Trade idea generation based on analysis of fundamental and technical information (with emphasis on fundamental).
- Critical thinking about quantitative and macroeconomic investment ideas and ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- CFA qualification, degree with strong academic record in economics, finance, or a similar discipline required.Minimum of 7 years' experience in finance, preferably in asset management or similar financial institution.
- Passion for investing and capital markets and multi-asset experience of equity, fixed income and FX in developed and emerging regions.Familiarity with quantitative models and techniques required.
- Ability to write or modify code to support analytical work advantageous.
This is a permanent contract offering c€90,000 with other competitive benefits including a bonus.
For further information on this role, please contact Rory McCormick on 01 9053 503 or apply directly online.