This role entails positioning and closing sales of MSCI standard and custom index subscription data as well as licenses for research reporting and the issuance of MSCI-linked financial products. These sales are made to our current as well as prospective clients with sales specialists utilizing their knowledge of the various departments within the client (locally and globally) to position MSCI.
This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of an account including senior level relationship management, product presentations, contract negotiation, sales closing, product setup and delivery. In this role, individuals will work very closely with global Client Service, Client Consultants, Marketing, Product Management, and Finance / billing departments.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Total Relationship Management involving:
- High Level Management Contact with Clients
- Business strategy for respective sectors/territories
- New Client Acquisition
- Strategic Planning with an Account
- New Product Placement
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Achieve targeted revenue goals
- Inform all clients about MSCI products, announcements, projects, etc.
- Work with global departments (Client service, Legal, Contracts, Billing, etc.) to ensure that all client requests / inquiries are managed appropriately
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
- Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
- Provide feedback from clients to Marketing, Sales, Research and Product Development groups
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Understanding of the Investment Management Process and global equity markets
- Strong sales closing skills
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
- Understanding of / experience dealing with major international institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Pension Plans, Consultants, Insurance Companies and Custodians, etc. will be value-added.
- Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges, detail oriented
Minimum of 6-8 years relevant sales experience with a proven record of accomplishment; 8 years of experience in the financial service industry
Bachelor Degree required and / or CFA charter holder
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.