Corporate Finance - Capital Markets - Associate / Senior Associate
KPMG Corporate Finance in Singapore provides a range of investment banking advisory services to companies looking to conduct corporate finance related activities in Singapore and Indonesia. These include buy-side and sell-side cross-border merger and acquisitions transactions, independent financial advisory opinions, disposals of assets, public takeovers of Singapore Exchange counters as well as capital raisings whether offshore or onshore.
As part of KPMG Corporate Finance, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in advising companies on their buy-side / sell-side mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings and restructuring transactions;
- Be involved in advising companies listed on SGX-ST on various corporate transactions that require an Independent Financial Adviser's ("IFA") Opinion.
- Develop a good understanding of how capital markets work and the roles that each player fulfils in the industry (e.g. Issue Managers, Financial Advisers, ECM/DCM/Corporate Bankers, Lawyers, PE Funds, IFAs etc.);
- Become conversant with the various types of corporate finance transactions commonly used to acquire companies (e.g. LBO/MBO, GO etc.);
- Develop strong industry research and company valuation skills to arrive at a range of intrinsic and/or market values at which the company should transact at.
- Travel to other KPMG network offices for project execution and business development.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders both externally and internally;
- Be a strong team-player with a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a team;
- Possess strong quantitative skills with the ability to understand financial statements and build three statement financial models in Excel;
- Have strong research and analytical skills and be able to conduct concise fundamental analyses of the competitive dynamics of the respective industry in which the relevant company is operating in;
- Be able to see things from a holistic perspective, identify key messages and piece together transaction related materials such as pitch books, briefs and profiles, teasers and information memorandums with minimal guidance;
- Demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter that takes pride in his/her work, with a track record of professional and academic excellence;
- Be passionate about investment banking and the capital markets, with the perseverance to see transactions through to completion and the determination to provide the best advice to companies and their owners;
- Candidates who have prior experience in working on mergers and acquisitions, PE/VC transactions, or are able to demonstrate an understanding of the relevant regulatory requirements pertaining to Singapore Exchange listed companies whether in a regulatory setting or otherwise will be considered favourably;
- Related academic qualifications such as a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a numerate/financial discipline (whether engineering, science or finance related), CMFAS Module 4, and/or CFA certification is a plus;
- Other skills that will stand the candidate in good stead include having a strong grasp of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Bloomberg and/or Capital IQ;
All applications will be held in strict confidence.