Note – This position may be filled as an Investment Analyst
Analysis, and reporting of investment portfolios to support improved portfolio manager decision making and communication of results to clients. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of investments and finance plus an understanding of asset classes and related accounting, tax, and capital frameworks is a plus.
- Manages and refines client based objectives reporting to improve communication and understanding across Investments
- Creates reporting for managing and monitoring activities impacting liquidity, asset/liability management, and tax policies
- Communicates with Enterprise Portfolio Management and Asset Class Managers to understand tactical and strategic objectives
- Coordinates and completes monthly and quarterly client reporting
- Collects data and completes surveys and questionnaire requests
- Designs and facilitates annual client feedback surveys
- Represents Investments (office) at business partner meetings and committees
- Creates and delivers presentations to key business partners
- Responsible for building and managing relationships with business partners
- Supports other projects and activities as needed to meet department objectives
Analysis (25% - 30%)
- Defines and builds processes to improve efficiency of investment analysis and reporting
- Conducts analysis of transactional activity in the portfolios
- Reviews performance results and financial objectives
- Assists in the management of special programs/initiatives
Portfolio Support (25% - 30%)
- Understands client based objectives and constraints by partnering with NW Business and Investment associates
- Measures and monitors portfolio position relative to client based guidelines
- Assists portfolio managers in understanding impact of portfolio changes relative to guidelines
- Monitors daily cash flow forecasts to understand changes and potential issues
- Effectively partners with other units within Investments and across the Company in support of achieving Investments and Company objectives
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in finance or quantitative field. Master’s Degree and/or CFA designation a plus.
Experience: 5 or more years of experience in investments and/or previous insurance company experience. Client relationship management experience in a financial services setting is preferred.
Skills/Competencies: Most critical attributes are: analytical capabilities, problem solving, critical thinking and effective communication. Nationwide Investments emphasizes a team oriented approach, which will require the associate to demonstrate these attributes on both and individual and group levels. Other attributes include:
- Understanding of fixed income concepts and relationships
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy, positive attitude, and team oriented
- Composed and decisive under pressure or when challenged
- Driven, self-motivated, and intellectually inquisitive
- Creative, organized, responsive, and detail oriented
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Applies financial knowledge and methods to address investment questions and facilitate improved decision making
Not Eligible (Exempt).
Normal office environment with limited travel.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Insurance Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Insurance Full Time jobs in Bachelors