2 days left
Meeder Investment Management (Meeder) is a Dublin, Ohio-based asset management firm with approximately $12 billion in assets under management, advisement, and administration. Meeder offers a wide variety of financial solutions, including Mutual Funds, Separately Managed Accounts, Cash Management and Retirement Plan Services. The firm’s affiliates include three registered investment advisors, a limited purpose broker-dealer, a transfer agency, and the Meeder Funds mutual fund family.
This position is responsible for the creation and maintenance of top-down and bottom-up quantitative models that guide our portfolio construction process and the implementation of model output across multiple portfolios comprising various security formats. The Portfolio Manager will also participate in trading activities, as well as communicate positioning and capital market expectations in written and verbal form.
- Lead and participate in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of tactical, strategic, and security selection models. Manage statistical databases, data sources, and other relevant software to facilitate the Firm’s quantitative investment objectives.
- Utilize investment model output to construct portfolios for Meeder Funds as well as products on various broker platforms.
- Coordinate and execute trading activities for stock and mutual fund portfolios and ensure compliance with the Firm’s trading guidelines and procedures.
- Analyze and monitor critical macroeconomic issues for their potential impact on clients’ investment portfolios. Provide ad hoc research, analysis, and recommendations as requested.
- Participate in the Firm’s client communication process, including written reports covering portfolio performance as well as capital market and macroeconomic analysis.
- Assist in new business development for Meeder Investment Management, including participation in due diligence reviews and other client meetings as requested.
Critical Success Factors:
- Strong investment modeling background.
- A passion for investments as an intellectual pursuit.
- In depth and current knowledge of macroeconomic environment and an understanding of how economic variables impact portfolio risk exposures.
- Excellent presentations skills along with the ability to articulate complex finance and mathematical concepts in verbal and written form.
- Strong organization and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to find “outside the box” solutions.
- Professional and accountable with high degree of ethics and integrity.
- Desire for life-long learning.
Required Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or other technical degree.
- Professional designation or advanced degree such as CFA, CMT, MBA, etc. preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in an investment-related capacity.
- Strong knowledge base with portfolio management software applications (i.e. Bloomberg, S&P ClariFI, Axioma).
- Previous experience with economic and financial modeling and security analysis, preferably with exposure to both Equity and Fixed Income capital markets.
More jobs like this
- Bachelors Full Time CFA Charterholder Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Equities Research: Buy Side
- Bachelors Full Time CFA Charterholder Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Equities Research: Sell Side
- Bachelors Full Time CFA Charterholder Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Hedge Funds
- Bachelors Full Time CFA Charterholder Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Institutional Sales
- Bachelors Full Time CFA Charterholder Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Portfolio Management: Alternatives