IIROC Licensed - Securities Specialist
Ready for a more challenging, bigger canvas? Join a creative organization where you’ll connect with some of the most entrepreneurial, spirited, energetic people you’ll ever meet in your life.
We’re looking for an IIROC Registered financial professional who is Wealth Management business savvy and charismatic gusto to play an integral role with the Great-West Life/London Life Mid-West Wealth Management Team in Regina, Saskatchewan. In this fast-paced, results-driven environment, it’s go time for you as you help lead client relationships through your team members by providing portfolio advisory services for clients and prospects. You will be licensed through our IIROC partner, Qtrade Securities Inc. and lead a block of business that is referred by top segmented mutual fund/segregated fund licensed advisors in our Freedom 55 Financial and Wealth and Insurance Solutions Enterprise (WISE) distribution channels, some of the finest in the business.
As the Securities Specialist, you will have several key accountabilities:
- Promotion and communication to advisors of the Advised Brokerage Services offering. In fulfilling this accountability the Securities Specialist will work with members of the Wealth Management Sales team in identifying the appropriate advisors for the program and to plan the appropriate business activities to promote the program via one-on-one meetings, group presentation and/or training sessions.
- Collaborating with advisors, their clients and other team members in developing and presenting portfolio analysis of client portfolios.
- Meet with Advisors and their referred clients/prospects
- Create tax and cost efficient asset consolidation and liquidation strategies
- Provide ongoing monitoring of client portfolios and execute securities related advice and trades to meet client needs and ensure client suitability is met.
- Regular travel within assigned territory
In fulfilling these accountabilities the Securities Specialist will:
- Remain current with and integrate 3rd party securities research into trade advice services
- Remain current with and integrate financial planning concepts into trade advice services
- Ensure all external laws and regulatory rules and internal guidelines and policies are adhered to
You thrive because you get personal satisfaction that comes from helping others succeed. Your mentoring nature is part of your DNA, and you appreciate the key role you play in helping Canadians reach their financial goals and dreams.
If you believe you’ve got what it takes, and want to make a difference, Great-West Life wants to hear from you.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of five years experience in the securities industry in a progressive role providing client portfolio analysis, account management and trade advice
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Industry designations such as Canadian Investment Manager (CIM), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI) or other securities industry credentials an asset
- Valid Securities License with Securities Commission(s) – Registered Representative/Investment Advisor category
- Strong Microsoft PC software skills and Dataphile platform knowledge is an asset
- Current cycle good standing in Continuing Education (CE) credits
- Excellent social skills and team services ethic and excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Thrives in a team environment, excellent interpersonal skills and excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
Perks of working with Great-West Life
- Ongoing professional development: We offer an array of proprietary and industry leading programs, seminars and learning workshops to inspire greatness and improve your knowledge, training and selling/marketing skills.
- Competitive compensation: We designed our compensation program to reward you for building your regions business. It includes a base salary, productivity-based bonuses and benefit options, a company-matching RPP and a share ownership plan.
- Recognition and rewards: We go all out to recognize excellent performance with a multitude of programs, campaigns, promotions and development meetings to reward your success.
- Proven processes, strategies and tools: We provide a wide array of resources, tools and processes such as Sales Force for improving workflow, working with clients as well as for leading your territory.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume today!
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
More jobs like this
- Full Time CFA Charterholder Insurance jobs in Insurance
- Full Time CFA Charterholder Insurance jobs in Investment Advisor/Consultant
- Full Time CFA Charterholder Insurance jobs in Portfolio Management: Equities
- Full Time CFA Charterholder Insurance jobs in Trading
- Full Time CFA Charterholder Insurance jobs in Wealth Management