Equity Research Associate - Diversified Industrials and Industrial Distribution
As a Research Associate, you will be required to perform extensive fundamental research and analysis of companies in the Diversified Industrials space. You will provide detailed financial modeling, acquire in-depth industry expertise and provide a rigorous level of fundamental company and industry analysis. You will also be expected to contribute to written product, interact with company managements as well as sales, trading, and institutional clients, and broadly support the senior analyst and sector franchise.
- Company analysis, including data sourcing, financial modeling quarterly and annual income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Prepare/produce written reports around company and industry analysis, earnings results, presentations and recommendations to clients
- Participate in company management interviews and communication to develop and maintain sources of information in preparation of analyses
- Maintain marketing materials and presentations
- Industry contact development and broad due diligence
- Answer inquiries and communicate with sales and clients regarding stocks or industry groups
Desired Skills and Experience:
Successful candidates require a high level of curiosity, strong work ethic and motivation.
Further, we are seeking:
- 2 to 3 years sell-side and/or basic industry experience
- Basic industry background (Capital Goods most preferable, but Energy, Power, Chemical, Paper, Steel, Mining, Aerospace, suitable as well)
- MBA or CFA required, CPA a plus
- Great writing skills (writing samples may be required or a test may be required)
- High proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- High proficiency in Bloomberg and FactSet, proficiency in Salesforce and Blue Matrix a plus
- Experience in cold calling for channel checks, handling NDRs, building large spreadsheets, creating marketing materials, morning call, mining data on industrial markets
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Detailed oriented with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Series 7, 63, 86 & 87 licenses required
Location - New York
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group (NYSE, TSX: BMO), is one of the largest diversified financial services providers in North America with US$551 billion total assets and more than 46,500 employees as at April 30, 2013. BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American financial services provider offering investment and corporate banking, advisory services, treasury and market risk management, institutional investing, and research. BMO Capital Markets has more than 2,200 employees operating in 29 locations around the world, including 16 in North America. The BMO Capital Markets North American equity research platform includes some 65 fundamental analysts, in addition to macro and equity strategy, covering over 950 stocks.
The BMO Capital Markets North American equity research platform includes some 65 fundamental analysts, in addition to macro and equity strategy, covering over 950 stocks. Our award-winning analysts provide research that is informative, perceptive and actionable. Research at BMO Capital Markets is done with one goal in mind: to help our clients achieve superior returns on a relative and absolute basis - while managing risk.