SRI Analyst Sovereign Credit
Candriam Investors Group (“Candriam”) is a leading pan-European multi-specialist asset manager with over €108 bln in assets under management. Candriam has established management centres in Luxembourg, Paris, Brussels and London. Its investment expertise covers five key areas: fixed income, equities, alternatives, sustainable investments and asset allocation. Through conviction-driven investment solutions, Candriam has earned a reputation for delivering innovation and strong performance to a long-standing, diversified client base covering Continental Europe, the UK, the Middle East, the USA and Australia.
Candriam Investors Group is a New York Life Company. New York Life Investments(1) ranks among the world's largest asset managers(2).
To ensure the growth of our business in sustainability, Candriam's SRI analysis team is seeking a:
SRI Analyst Sovereign Credit (M/F)
(Brussels - Permanent contract)
There is growing awareness for and enormous momentum building in Sustainable and Responsible Investing (SRI) strategies that incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) factors into the investment process. Candriam Investors Group is a pioneer and one of European leading companies in SRI with a growing footprint in North America and Asia. The company currently manages over $30 billion in ESG strategies offering one of the broadest ranges of ESG strategies and services across all asset classes and geographic regions.
Candriam is fully committed to further expand and strengthen its ESG analysis team in sovereign and quasi-sovereign credit space because we strongly believe that investment opportunities and risks cannot be fully captured by traditional financial analysis. Beyond traditional credit, inflation and currency risks, sovereign fixed income investments are equally impacted by environmental, social and governance risks such as climate change, depleting natural resources, social stability, educational and health care systems. Based on a rigorous and proprietary analysis framework, Candriam's SRI analysis team analyses material sustainability factors and trends to build a universe of eligible sovereign and quasi-sovereign issuers that apply best-in-class ESG practices and that are fully integrated into the fixed income investment strategies.
As CANDRIAM's SRI Analyst Sovereign Credit, your role will include:
- Performing analysis of developed and emerging market sovereign and quasi-sovereign issuers as regards the environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities based on Candriam's unique and proprietary sustainability analysis methodology;
- Contributing to the development and enhancement of Candriam's sovereign sustainability analysis model in order to effectively integrate ESG analysis into the investment process across fixed income asset classes with a focus on emerging markets;
- engagement with quasi-sovereign issuers on ESG topics;
- working collaboratively with your fellow analysts and financial managers to assess the materiality or financial impact of ESG factors on a sovereign and quasi-sovereign issuers' long-term value;
- conducting research on ESG-related topics, identifying ESG trends and supporting ESG thought leadership research both internally and externally;
- undertaking and publishing ESG articles, reports and draft presentations (to service our international offices and clients) on Candriam's ESG process or bespoke thematic issues.
The ideal applicant:
- holds a Master degree (or equivalent) in economics, finance, engineering, (environmental) sciences… ; advanced degree in related field (CFA, …) is an advantage.
- Previous product knowledge and professional experience in credit analysis or sovereign rating (+/- 3 years) with a strong interest in and understanding of ESG topics and their relevance for sovereign and quasi-sovereign valuation, is essential; Emerging market experience is a plus.
- has strong verbal and written communication skills;
- has strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), knowledge of VBA, SQL or other is an advantage;
- is showing an aptitude for working with and manipulating data for analysis;
- is a team player;
Candriam Investors Group offers
A varied full-time position in the dynamic, international environment of asset management. At Candriam Investors Group, our values of Conviction and Responsibility guide us in everything we do. These same values allow us to focus on the growth and development of our people. We also offer an attractive remuneration package, including benefits.