Energy Research Associate - Commodities and Global Markets (Calgary)
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our equities research team is the cornerstone of Macquarie Securities' broking services and offers wide research coverage of stocks in the Asia Pacific region and South Africa with select specialist verticals in the US, Canada and Europe. Our highly-rated team of more than 350 analysts covers more than 1,800 stocks.
We continually modify our product range to meet the needs of our growing client base. We were the first research institution to introduce a strategy unit and a quantitative group and the first to combine all analysts' forecasts into one database.
We have a new opportunity for an Energy Research Associate to join our Canadian research team. Based in Calgary, the Energy Research Senior Associate will be working with our team of Research Analysts covering the Integrated Oils, Independent E&Ps, Mid/Small Cap E&Ps and High Yield E&Ps. This is an opportunity to play an integral role in the growth of our business. With our flat management structure, performance recognition and career flexibility, we offer a dynamic and rewarding environment in which to work. As a member of a highly ranked team, you will be involved in generating financial models and reports that assist in our institutional clients' investment decisions. You will help provide industry analysis, financial modelling, managing and building databases and generating reports and presentation materials.
To be successful, you will:
- Have 1-3 years of experience in Equity Research (or M&A), preferably in the Energy industry; candidates from an Energy Engineering background may also be considered.
- Have a university degree a relevant discipline (finance, accounting, or engineering degrees in particular are preferred). Completion of an MBA or progression through the CFA program is also desirable.
- Ideally have some knowledge of the upstream oil & gas industry (though not mandatory)
- Be highly numerate, with exceptional financial analysis and modelling skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate ideas succinctly
- Possess sales and marketing capabilities
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, and knowledge of GeoScout/Accumap is considered an asset
- Have the ability to manage several projects concurrently and provide support to other members of the research team as required
- Show initiative to help build a quality product and be willing to work long hours to achieve your goals
Accommodation is available to all applicants to Macquarie, including during recruitment, selection and assessment processes. Please notify the recruiter listed on this posting if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Access to Macquarie's Accessibility policies is available at www.macquarie.ca