Portfolio Manager - Global Equity Beta Solutions Asia ex Japan (Indexed Equities), Assistant Vice...
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
A pioneer in index investing, State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) today is one of the world's largest beta managers and delivers customised, cost-effective index equity strategies to institutional investors worldwide. Indexing is the foundation of SSGA's investment management business with USD 1.4 trillion in assets under management. While traditional index strategies remain the core of our business, the Global Equity Beta Solutions (GEBS) team manages many non-traditional beta strategies such as factor-based tilted portfolios, a variety of socially responsible portfolios based on environmental, social and governance concerns, and even hedge replication strategies. The global team consists of 60 plus Portfolio Managers in 5 investment centres in North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
You will be responsible for managing quantitative based equity index portfolios on behalf of a wide range of clients. These funds will include fully replicated index mandates, optimised funds, and portfolios managed utilizing stratified sampling techniques.
- You will be managing and structuring portfolios and resolving trading activity to ensure that portfolios replicate the returns of the appropriate benchmarks.
- Report on performance, determine attribution of performance, review client portfolios, and work on client-directed research projects to support client services
- You will implement policies and programs approved by management and the investment committee.
- Provide assistance to intermediate and Senior Portfolio Managers with major accounts and funds, participate in Request for Proposal (“RFP”) development efforts, and generate presentation materials to support the marketing effort.
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology or related field and 2 years of experience in the job offered or in the Investment Management industry or A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology or related field and 5 years in the Investment Management industry
- CFA preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- It is required to be able to demonstrate analytical skills and acute attention to detail in managing investment portfolios;
- Experience collaborating with portfolio management, operations, IT departments and other internal groups as needed;
- Experience using industry-standard portfolio optimisation models/software;
- Understanding of the many global equity benchmarks and their methodologies;
- Understanding of various investment vehicles specifically equities, exchange traded futures, exchange traded funds, currency forwards, and swaps; and
- Understanding of equity and currency market practices and operational constraints across both developed and emerging countries.
We employ a diverse group of investment professionals within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities globally, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.