Research Analyst - Investment Grade Credit
This job is an important part of the investment grade analyst team and involves following various industry sectors (potentially Healthcare, Autos, Industrials), making investment recommendations based on a thorough understanding of industry and company fundamentals, as well as valuation. Our process is very team-oriented, with the analysts interacting with each other and the portfolio managers on the trading desk on a continual basis. As such, the ability to work well within the group is critical. The ultimate goal of the research and recommendations is to help the portfolios deliver the best possible results for our clients. This job involves working closely with portfolio managers, developing investment themes, credit analysis and relative value recommendations.
- Analyzing new deals as they come to market and opportunities in the secondary market, as well as maintaining coverage of existing names in the portfolio. This involves thoroughly reviewing related company or industry material, attending or viewing the issuer’s road show presentation, meeting with management teams, discussing the company’s historical financial performance and business outlook with the portfolio managers to assure that all the relevant issues are properly considered and resolved. This activity often takes place on an accelerated time frame.
- Making recommendations that will drive portfolio outperformance. For existing issues, this includes reviewing quarterly operating results, writing credit reports and updates, developing and updating financial models, reviewing key industry issues and competitors, monitoring changes in prices and spreads.
- Contributing to the improvement of the overall investment process by continually exploring new ideas, processes and technologies that will benefit the group.
- Five to eight years of investment experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of capital markets, quantitative methods, finance, economics and market cycles
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to be a reliable team player, to build trust and confidence through collaborations with a wide range of internal and external colleagues
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Products and Bloomberg
- Ability to work efficiently, organize and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well with internal and external contacts
Education/Training RequirementsBachelor's Degree required. MBA or CFA a plus