Assistant Portfolio Manager, Emerging Markets Equities
Key purpose of Job:
• Production of high quality country, industry and stock investment research within Chinese Equities. These responsibilities include specific industry/sectors and countries
• Translating research into contributing towards investment decisions that are appropriate to each product type
• Work with Implementation Team/Portfolio Managers to implement investment policy; backup other investment professionals as necessary within specified limits
• Support Company's client service and marketing operations by assisting in preparation work and assisting with consultant and potential client presentations within specified limits
• Support Portfolio Managers within the investment management function
• Production of monthly and ad hoc investment reports and communications to clients and consultants.
Qualifications / Technical Skills Required
• Fluent in Mandarin (capable of both reading, writing and conversing in business/investment language)
• Previous experience of working with Chinese securities and sectors
• 1st, or equivalent from a leading university in a business discipline
• Previous experience of working in a tier 1 investment bank
• A level Mathematics or equivalent
• Proven analytical capability / experience
• Microsoft Excel Skills (Advanced)
• High standard of written and oral English language skills
• CFA Level 1 or equivalent
• ACA or equivalent
• Knowledge of relevant investment valuation techniques
• Able to operate Datastream, Reuters and Bloomberg information systems
Please upload a CV and covering letter, setting out how you feel you meet the requirements and are suitable for the role.
The closing date for applications is 18 September 2017.