Senior Credit Research Analyst
Aviva Investors is a trusted global investor with GBP 351bn of assets under management across a broad spectrum of active investment strategies. Fixed Income is our largest business, where GBP 222bn of assets are managed by 89 investment professionals spread across six global locations, enabling us to offer a diverse range of products, including funds focussed on developed markets (sovereign, government-related and corporate) and emerging markets (sovereign, government-related, and corporate) as well as liability-driven, liquidity and multi‐strategy fixed income funds.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking fundamental credit and relative value analyses as well as strategic research in your covered sectors, informing investment-grade, high-yield, liability-driven, liquidity and multi-asset fund management decisions.
- Working collaboratively with credit research colleagues, credit fund managers, as well as other teams in Fixed Income and further Liquid Market businesses to formulate and underpin security selection recommendations.
- Monitoring the performance of research recommendations and undertaking follow-up analyses to determine whether fund holdings remain consistent with fund-specific investment strategies.
- Managing your time effectively to ensure that you focus on the most promising opportunities and cover Asian investment-grade and high-yield issuers to an equal extent.
- A university degree in business administration, ideally with a concentration in finance, or a university degree in a closely related discipline, especially if complemented by a directly relevant professional qualification and extensive capital markets experience.
- A professional qualification with a focus on finance, such as a CFA degree, is desirable, especially for candidates without an educational background in finance.
- Significant capital markets experience, preferably in asset management, with evidence of having delivered investment ideas and strategic research on both investment-grade and high-yield credits that consistently produced superior risk-adjusted returns.
- Demonstrable experience in analysing Asian high-yield credits, specifically.
- Fluency in Mandarin is desirable.
- A proven ability to develop spreadsheet-based credit risk and fixed income pricing models in a timely manner.
- Highly-developed problem solving, decision making and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- A strong innate curiosity about companies, industries and economies and a passion for investing in the same, combined with an already extensive general knowledge base and a desire for life-long learning.
- An energetic, self-directed, self-motivated personality with an independent and engaging forward-thinking mind.
- A truly professional character, upholding the highest ethical standards.
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service. For today's investor
Diversity and Inclusion
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Diversity
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.