Senior Equity Research Associates
As a Senior Research Associate you will:
- Acquire expertise in your sector working with a Senior Analyst who is a seasoned industry expert
- Become adept at in-depth analysis of your industry and companies
- Demonstrate thought leadership and make significant contributions to our highly differentiated written product and forward-looking financial analysis
- Publish regular written research on companies and major themes across the sector
- Present investment recommendations to clients and at external events - international travel may be required
- Develop relationships with institutional clients, sales and trading as well as interact with senior management of companies in your industry
We make a strong commitment to Associate development, and give you opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and incremental responsibility. While our culture is intellectually rigorous, it is also very collegial and fun - Associates participate in a range of activities including philanthropy, development and leadership programs, social events, mentoring and annual on- and off-sites.
Our Senior Research Associates typically possess:
- Track records of outstanding academic performance, including honours and awards. Academic credentials typically include test scores and grades in the 90th percentile and above
- At least 3 years' professional experience in a finance role, preferably in accounting, capital markets or investment banking
- Excellent analytical and functional skills in financial and market modeling, valuation and M&A analysis, statistics and economics
- Excellent broad-based understanding of research methodologies typically built upon a quantitative undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated ability to originate and develop research independently and convey insights concisely in discussion and writing
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of company financial statements and accounting (may have credentials such as the CFA, ACA or CPA)
- Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level
London based. Immediate start.
We look for consummate team players who seek a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development. These are typically 3-5 year positions with outstanding growth potential. Historically, our associate positions have proven to be excellent platforms for successful professional careers in investing.
Please submit your CV and cover letter by clicking on the 'Apply' button. We look forward to learning more about you.
Bernstein is widely recognized as Wall Street's premier sell-side research and brokerage firm, with a global equity trading platform that spans the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Our firm was founded in the U.S. in 1967 and in the U.K. in 1999. Our research and trading capabilities are sought out by leading investment managers around the world, and we are annually ranked at the top of our industry by acknowledged arbiters. In independent surveys of major institutional clients, Bernstein's research is ranked #1 for overall quality, industry knowledge, most trusted, best detailed financial analysis, major company studies, most useful valuation frameworks and best original research. In Institutional Investor's latest annual client survey, the leading survey by which research analysts in our industry are evaluated, over 90% of our U.S. analysts and the majority of our European Analysts were recognized as among the best in their respective fields - more than any other firm in our industry. We began operations in Hong Kong in 2010, and now cover a range of sectors across Asia. Our European research team is also home to Extel's #1-ranked analyst across Europe.
Research has always been Bernstein's calling card. The brand is defined by our renowned Blackbooks, known for their unbiased, in-depth company and industry forecasts. We have a community of Research Analysts who are acknowledged thought leaders that typically have many years of experience in the industries they cover. Our reputation is for the very highest caliber of independent and disciplined investment and industry analysis. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of our buy-side parent, AB.