Risk Analyst Consultant
JOB PURPOSE / RESPONSIBILITIES
The analyst role within the service delivery team which comprises the Strategy Consultancy, Trade Execution and Quantitative Analysis functions. sits Analysts work closely with all three functions, key tasks include:
- Strategy Consultancy - prepare ad-hoc analysis and constructing presentations to deliver financial risk management consulting services, primarily targeting institutional investors.
- Quantitative Analysis - model financial risks using quantitative methods (VaR, stress-testing, scenario analysis, probabilistic analysis); run data management processes.
- Trade Execution - general trading desk support (OTC derivative trades) including liaising with banks and brokers on pricing, trade reconciliation and settlements.
- Onboarding - working with banking counterparties to setup clients and onboard with the institution including development of negotiation skills for ISDA and CSA agreements.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to develop all round investment skills in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment. They are looking for confident, analytical and articulate individuals with the ability to build relationships with senior decision makers (portfolio managers, board members, CFOs).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years professional experience within financial services
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, exposure to Bloomberg
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of risk management in financial markets
- Exposure to trading of OTC instruments
DESIRABLE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working towards additional qualification e.g. CFA, FRM, AMCT/MCT, CIMA, IMC, CAIA, etc
- Expertise in derivatives pricing
- Knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds
- Experience in a ‘start-up' environment
- Technical skills: e.g. VBA, SQL, R, Python, Matlab, etc
- Regulatory experience
- Fund Accountancy / actuarial exposure
- Good team-working, time management and communication skills with ability to perform in high pressure environment under tight deadlines