Associate Investment Strategist
The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is responsible for providing industry leading thought leadership, market strategy, due diligence and portfolio construction to Financial Advisors, Private Wealth Advisors and U.S. Trust Portfolio Managers and their clients. This organization directly supports advisors by enhancing their capabilities and product offering through: client-facing investment publications, tactical investment advice; asset allocation; broad and rigorous investment manager research, covering both traditional and alternative strategies, and ETF model portfolios and investment manager portfolios.
This role will be part of the Merrill Lynch Chief Investment Office. The primary objective of the role is to contribute to the CIO’s market and wealth management insights for Merrill Lynch advisors and clients. Responsibilities include:
- Research investment themes, synthesize Bank of America/Merrill Lynch Research and industry thought leadership, and write on developments relating to markets, investing, and wealth management for the Office of CIO’s regular weekly, monthly and quarterly publications.
- Follow market developments and be proactive in informing senior leaders, Financial Advisors and clients on important issues and strategies.
- Contribute analysis and insights on equities, fixed income and alternative investments to the CIO Investment Strategy Committee.
- Be a conduit for the CIO with internal partners such as various product groups.
- Develop CIO Market Outlook presentations for wealth managers and senior members in the CIO.
- Assist in building a pipeline of new themes / ideas and maintain updates on CIO Investment themes on a regular basis.
- Develop, organize and maintain data spreadsheets which feed into CIO publications.
Occasionally perform portfolio analytics for Ultra High Net Worth clients and institutions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or economics, or related field. Prefer MBA and / or CFA charter-holder (progress towards becoming a CFA charter-holder will be considered).
- 2-3 plus years related experience in financial services with a strong track record of business success and performance.
- Experience in a Research based organization – sell side or buy side; Wealth Management; independent investment management organization etc.
- Knowledge of financial markets, investment strategy, econometrics and drivers of different asset classes such as equities, bonds and alternative investments.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills especially data analysis. Ability to conduct analysis and translate findings into insights and new strategies.
- Proficient with Bloomberg, Excel, Haver Analytics, FactSet etc. Good power point skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills, critical thinker, detail oriented, thrives and delivers in a fast pace environment, has the ability to produce independently and in a team setting.
- Experience in investment management, portfolio strategy and financial guidance.
- Proven ability to engage and influence senior executives, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership to strategic decisions.
- Strong client centric focus.
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and values congruent with those of the organization.
- Exhibits strong drive for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations; persists despite obstacles, setbacks and competing influences.
- Prior product development, research, or investment strategy experience is required
- Series 7 and 66 license will be required. Firm can sponsor.