Equity Research Analyst - Healthcare
The firm is seeking a Research Analyst to join its Global Equities group to generate and maintain coverage of investment ideas in the US Health Care sector. The analyst will drive the process of stock selection within the US Health Care sector in collaboration with portfolio managers on the platform.
The analyst will develop and communicate investment recommendations based on comprehensive industry and company research, relying on various sources of information including, but not limited to, review of public documents, annual reports, trade journals, networking with industry contacts as well by interaction with senior management teams within the sector.
The analyst will be expected to effectively communicate both in written and oral formats, explain and defend buy and sell ideas to the portfolio managers.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BA/BS Degree
- CFA is preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant healthcare equities experience
- Significant equity analysis experience within the healthcare sector at: a hedge fund, asset management, or top sell side platform (buy-side experience preferred)
- Understanding of the capital markets, stock markets, and a passion for investing
- Proficient writing skills, including the ability to succinctly and clearly explain complex information
- Prior experience conducing deep primary research, analysis and expertise to draw conclusions from data
- Exceptional understanding of the three primary financial statements, how they relate to each other, and how to build models within excel for forecasting
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills are critical. Must have excellent communication skills and a personal style conducive to building relationships