Investment Associate (m/f) Opportunistic Real Estate
Our client is a transformational real estate investment firm that addresses the specific needs of family offices and private investors for greater alignment with their property investments. The company achieves this firstly via a principled investment approach, drives returns with a holistic view on sustainability, design, occupational trends, community and the built environment. The firm calls this approach “responsible real estate”. And secondly through the direct co-investing platform it has developed which allows its families to access club deals in a highly efficient way. The team has a successful €5 billion track record spanning three decades. The firm's cofounders have previously worked as a Partner of a major and well known private investment firm and a successful European property investment and asset management firm.
In response to the growth of its business and additional capital from its investors, our client is seeking to add an Investment Associate (m/f) to the team in Frankfurt. The candidate will work on deals throughout their lifecycle from assisting in the sourcing of new deals, execution, asset management and value creation initiatives, and sale processes.
Main Tasks / Key Responsibilities:
- Part of the team that takes full “cradle to grave” responsibility on transactions: acquisition, asset management, value creation and disposition.
- Sourcing investments with a primary focus on UK and Germany (but also other countries in Europe) through creative use of agents and brokers, as well as non-conventional sources like local authorities, private families, lawyers, banks.
- Deep analysis of investment opportunities using the firm's proprietary Excel models and other tools.
- Critically evaluating opportunities from both a macro and micro perspective in order to derive the best relative risk-adjusted returns, making the case for transactions both internally and externally.
- Preparing investment committee memos (one-page Phase I and 40+ page Phase II memos).
- Helping to execute bank financing, structuring debt terms and assisting with documentation.
- Interacting with investors both existing and prospective (for e.g., explaining investment rationale).
- Assisting with the execution of asset management strategies, with a particular focus on the firm's “Responsible Real Estate” philosophy which blends sustainability, design, social impact and health and wellness as a means of driving higher investment returns.
- Interacting with and oversight of in-house property management team.
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations, particularly investor facing.
- Assisting with quarterly reporting.
- Above average successfully completed (technical) university degree in economics or with a real estate economic orientation, ideally supplemented by further training (e.g. Master of Real Estate, CFA, CFAIA).
- Minimum three to five years' relevant experience in the real estate industry (underwriting, evaluation, financing, corporate finance, M&A), ideally gained with a leading and international firm.
- Relevant transactional experience, with exposure to European (especially Germany) and/or UK commercial real estate.
- Top in their field analytical thinking, with the demonstrable ability to quickly see through complex and often conflicting facts to distil problem down to their essential, critical elements.
- An appreciation of the macro and microeconomic factors that affect real estate investments.
- An interest in sustainability and the built environment.
- A perfectionist's eye for detail and the ability to deliver client-ready work the first time around.
- Exceptional technical skills a given.
- A willingness to work in a self-directed way at times, but at equally able to excel collaboratively.
- Ability to work in a small and highly professional environment, to work under pressure, assertiveness and confident.
- Flexibility, commitment, team spirit, strong communication skills, professional appearance.
- Excellent German and English language skills, spoken and written (with other European languages as an advantage).
Are you interested?
Then please send your complete application with the reference number DB/1275813 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our specialist and exclusively mandated consultant Daniel Bauer at +49 (0)69 3 4877 4470 to receive further information regarding this position. We are looking forward to your application!