EMEA Portfolio Solutions Director
- New business origination targets. He/she will be responsible for specific new business origination targets with focus client segments as well as key project responsibilities and co-owing the target for the group as a whole. This will entail:
- Being responsible for interfacing directly with clients to understand their needs and objectives. He/she must have an ability to interpret the client discussion, shape and produce impactful analysis (or oversee the crafting of analysis) and credibly deliver the findings and suggestions to clients. The right candidate must have an interest and an ability to fluidly move through these engagement stages.
- Understanding and implementing macroeconomic and asset-class themes within portfolio investing to drive investment into portfolio solutions.
- Working with the Consulting and Sales teams to construct portfolios tailored to regional client requirements. Serve as investment specialist for client discussions.
- Managing key projects (e.g. driving the business in specific countries/segments).
- Responsibility to drive advancement and development of the client's analytical platform - driving the EMEA agenda working in close partnership with the Global Consulting platform manager and the Global Technology team among others. This will entail:
- Ability to gather data and assimilate investment strategy and model portfolio solutions data within the context of working with clients to build investment portfolios. Ability to innovate and improve solutions
- Involvement in key research projects, leverage experience and expertise in portfolio construction to contribute to relevant research projects and participate in the creation of research publications where applicable. Proven ability to conduct market structure, market behavior and portfolio implementation research a strong plus.
- Ability to understand data and process flows, and drive teams to implement innovation towards increased scale
- Leadership. Track record in growing and nurturing talent a must.
- 10+ years experience in portfolio management and investment research area of a financial firm. Preferable: experience in an Investment Consulting or Sell side firm.
- Excellent analytical skills, as evidenced by formal training in econometrics or statistics, and extensive experience in utilizing those skills in a work environment. BA/BS in a quantitative/analytical, finance or economics discipline, CFA desirable.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, including drivers of return, risk control and portfolio construction techniques.
- Proven track record in client interaction and influencing.
- Proven and tested team leadership skills and stakeholders management.
- Deep understanding of the wealth and institutional segments; business acumen.
- Strong understanding of the use of computer technology in financial and economic research. Familiarity with VBA, Matlab or Python preferred.