Indexation Portfolio Manager _ Asset Management
An outstanding opportunity has now arisen to join a leading Investment Management Firm as a Senior Indexation Portfolio Manager. Our client is currently looking to hire a talented and dynamic Senior Indexation Portfolio Manager to join their high profile and award winning world class team.
The Indexation Fund Manager is responsible for overseeing the firm's Index Funds and other related portfolio management duties as assigned. The position will report to the CIO.
- Manage the index portfolios to track their respective benchmarks within prescribed tracking errors
- Execute trades based on re-balancing the portfolio to reflect index changes, index re-balancing, corporate actions, special internal transfers and subscriptions/redemptions.
- Implement/execute cash equitization hedging strategy for daily cash flows using index and currency futures
- Manage the relevant research regarding the multiple benchmark equity indices with respect to future and necessary portfolio rebalancing.
- Provide direction on all voluntary corporate actions and relevant proxy motions.
- Perform fund return attribution analysis on any fund with confirmed or suspected over or under performance issues.
- Maintain effective working relationships and communications with brokers, Operations, Compliance, Risk, Systems, Relationship and other support groups
- Ensure all portfolio trading activities are in accordance with prescribed compliance and investment guidelines and restrictions.
- Provide periodic supervision and training of the Analysts.
- Project leadership of new initiatives including new business competitions, pension consultant and client reviews, and research into new strategies.
- Check fund sector weights against b/mark and investigate and explain any discrepancies
- Check fund country weights against b/mark and investigate and explain any discrepancies
- Review the short term cash available to the fund and assess if action is required, while taking into account the corporate actions and any of the index events
- Review the FX levels on multicurrency accounts, ensuring no overdrawn positions and sweeping FX into base currency is required
Ideally you will be CFA Qualified and with minimum 8 years relevant experience
To discuss this unique and exciting opportunity further and to obtain a full job spec - please contact Kevin Menton for a private & confidential conversation.