Manager Research Analyst - Fixed Income
SEI's Investment Management Unit (IMU) has an opening for an Analyst to conduct fixed income manager research. Working within the Manager Research division, the key objective of the role is to identify managers with superior skills and competitive advantages for SEI's research platform. This platform is focused on helping clients meet their unique investment objectives through the benefits of active multi-manager portfolios. Research is utilized by and provided to internal and external clients through SEI's directly managed mutual funds and separate accounts or via packaged research services to third-party financial enterprises.
This role carries a long-term responsibility to help further develop and implement a process driven culture in a constructive fashion. Delivering convictions with an open mind and the ability to work well in a team environment is essential
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the manager research process for existing managers as well as potential candidates
- Conduct in-depth due diligence through a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis to assess manager skill. Due diligence will include data analysis, manager conference calls and on-site visits, and preparation of written due diligence reports
- Analyse managers to understand drivers of risk and return, alpha composition and the robustness of the strategy in various market environments. The analysis is focused on assessing a manager's competitive advantage versus its relevant peers
- Compose cogent investment theses for recommended managers, focused on investment edge
- Accept accountability for recommended manager decisions
- Manage ongoing relationships with existing investment managers
- Respond to various requests from other teams within the investment unit and SEI's market units
- Keep Current - (market conditions, regulation, SEI products and services, etc) and maintain ongoing and effective communication and alignment of these with client business practices.
- Maintenance and updating of internal systems/ data reference points in agreed format to ensure consistency and communication of relevant information within the team and ensure integrity of data.
- Any other ad-hoc projects as required.
- Adhere to all relevant FCA requirements and compliance.
Technical Capabilities/Skills & Experience Required for the Role:
- Extensive and thorough experience in multi-manager, fund analysis or manager selection, with a primary focus on fixed income
- Ideally degree educated (or equivalent) ideally economics or finance-related along with an advanced degree and/or certification (or equivalent) (e.g. Masters, MBA, CFA or progress toward CFA or equivalent)
- Experience in multi-manager, fund analysis or manager selection, with a primary focus on fixed income
- Sound working knowledge of investment strategies and capital markets
- Solid capabilities in Excel and financial information systems (e.g. BlackRock Solutions, Barclays Live, eVestment, FactSet, StyleResearch, Barra, Axioma etc)
Key Competencies Required for the Role:
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented and ability to synthesis data and make deductive decisions.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation skills for internal/external audiences as well as strong listening and questioning skills
- Robust organization skills and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Willingness to take initiative, exercise independent judgment and act decisively
SEI is an equal opportunities employer
SEI (NASDAQ:SEIC) is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high-net-worth families create and manage wealth. As of June 30, 2017, through its subsidiaries and partnerships in which the company has a significant interest, SEI manages, advises or administers $809 billion in hedge, private equity, mutual fund and pooled or separately managed assets, including $307 billion in assets under management and $497 billion in client assets under administration. For more information, visit seic.com.