Quantitative Strategist and Portfolio Manager
As part of a high-performing team in the Finance Department, you will work in close coordination with more senior investment staff and under the supervision of the Head of Investments. Your projects will include:
- Building and maintaining quantitative financial models for the day-to-day analysis and management of the investment portfolios.
- Negotiate the investment of the Bank's liquid holdings of dollars and other currencies as assigned with commercial banks and securities dealers in national and international markets. You'll be largely responsible for maintaining current and accurate trade information in the Bank's investment financial systems.
- Receive and analyze information about the corresponding capital markets with special emphasis on rates markets. Keep the Investments Group updated on events which affect the Bank's portfolios and future investments.
- Assist in the development, administration, and follow-up of investment-related activities; review of the Bank's compliance with relevant guidelines and the proper recording of transactions.
Education: CFA or Master's degree in Finance, Engineering, or related field required.
Experience: Between three years and five years of experience in investment management, finance or banking. Working knowledge of systems used by the Bank, preferred.
Systems: Proficiency with Bloomberg, investment management systems such as Summit, and the Microsoft Office suite is highly desirable. Incumbent will be responsible for developing and maintaining models using both Access databases and Excel spreadsheets.
Languages: Fluency in English and second language of the Bank, preferably Spanish.
1. Quantitative Analysis: Uses analytical tools and mathematical processes to empirically analyze and evaluate data and information.
2. Qualitative Analysis: Investigates beyond numbers through research and intuition to determine the reasonableness of information used for decision-making.
3. Financial Market Knowledge: Understands financial market dynamics, products and economics and their implications for financial and risk management.
4. Financial Operations: Researches, analyzes, inputs and reports information on the origination, execution and monitoring of financial operations.
5. Systems and Applications Knowledge: Leverages systems and applications knowledge to enter data, process transactions, conduct relevant analyses, and generate reports.
6. Risk Awareness: Understands, analyzes, acts on and communicates risks by applying appropriate controls and risk mitigation procedures.
7. Business Acumen: Demonstrates an understanding of own functional area, the business of the Department and the IDB's needs and priorities. Understands and applies knowledge of IDB strategies, business priorities and policies to accomplish goals and execute on business area work program.
1. Collaboration, Teamwork and Inclusion: Works cooperatively with others independent of background (e.g., gender, ethnic origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, background, perspective) or organizational role, and takes a teambased and inclusive approach to projects and decision making.
2. Innovation and Creativity: Develops imaginative ideas and solutions through creativity, experimentation and critical thinking.
3. Communication and Influence: Communicates effectively and leverages relationships and strategies to influence others.
4. Client Focus: Understands client needs and provides services that meet their expectations for quality and performance; meets the Bank's expectations for ethical behavior
· Type of contract: Fixed term, International Staff
· Starting date: After September, 2017.
· Location: Washington, D.C.
· Requirements: Candidates must be citizens of one of the IDB's 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the bank.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Bank, we're devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we've been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.